Hello from Indonesia

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APJS

Reaction score
Selamat Hari (That's G'day in Indonesian for all you ozzies)

Name is Andre Spin and live in Batam, Indonesia.
Batam is a freeport island 20 miles of Singapore shores.

Decided to buy a Navara AWD after my wife and I got stuck in the rain on a smal muddy hill track on our land in our 2WD Nissan X-Trail (2009).
For years I tried to convince my wife we needed a 4 wheel drive (What for she kept saying) and finally after getting stuck (un-intentionally!!) she saw the wisdom of my ideas!

Up till 2 months ago it was impossible to get a Navara here on Batam because of Goverment regulations. Toyota Hi-lux, Mazda, and Ford ranger were available.
The reason, apparently, was that the Navara was not assembled in Indonesia and the others were. It was however available in Jakarta. No logic to these matters here.

However the government just changed the regulations and we are now able to buy the Navara in Batam.
It probably will still be another 2 or 3 month's.

For the moment I'll be snooping around the forum for words of wisdom from the Navara crowd here.

All the best ...Andre

Welcome APJS, You have made the right choice to go Navara, will it be D22 or D40? (D22's are better).:sarcastic: You'll find plenty of advice here and if you can't find what you are looking for just ask. It's good to hear from brothers overseas. Again welcome.:welcome: Mick.

Welcome Andre, if your researching. There is lots of info on here, start reading.

Enjoy the site.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back