Hello

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys my names Jim and yes I too am an addict. I'm addicted to my truck. I've had my truck near on 6 years. I have a Nissan Navara d22 2002 model single cab 4x4 ute. Purchased this unit from a dealer ship who wanted it gone had lights down the side big wind deflector mounted on the bonnet, 2 x ken worth toolboxes, carpet on the tray, covered in stickers etc.
I currently live on the north side of the gold coast.
My truck had not once missed a beat since owning it and now is shy of 300000 klms.
However 2 nights ago I went to change the oil filter at work and cracked the housing so I decided to drive the ute home with whatever oil was in the sump and now my engine is just knocking badly so I guess I'm here to look for answers. Wish me luck and I hope to chat to some of you soon. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392980602.939108.jpg

Well mate first of all welcome to the forum,
As for the second part hmmmm. Just a wee bit silly I think, you could've done multiple things to your engine. From stuffing your cylinder head To bearings in the bore. Not a very wise move running with very low oil...
I wish you luck finding the source of your problems.

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

Welcome to the forum!

I doubt it's a woodpecker (not much in the way of walnut panelling in these cars) and it's probably not smurfette trying to look for companionship (since she's the sole female amongst millions of smurfs ... no, I wouldn't go near her either).

There's a very good chance it's a big end bearing, but could also be a timing chain. I'd suggest procuring a mechanics' stethoscope ($23.99 @ SCA, click on the link). Fill the sump if possible and idle the engine for a minute while you listen to the front where the timing chains are, the top (camshafts/valves) and the sump. It should tell you where the problem is likely to be.

If it's terminal, there's always the option of grabbing a 2nd hand engine/reco unit, or the joy of rebuilding it yourself (if that's your thang).

Good luck, I hope it is just a smurf!

Woodpeckers, smurfette? I aquired an engine hoist last night so I'm gunna give rebuilding it a go. Had to be done sooner or later as she's sitting near on 300000 kays

Latest posts

Back