Help fitting an oil pressure gauge please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Parks

Reaction score
I have done a search with no results.
I like gauges. No rhyme or reason I just do.
I purchased a volt gauge for my dual batteries and a boost gauge and installed them with no dramas.
I also purchased an oil pressure gauge. It is a VDO gauge including the sender and a t- piece.
Apparently I' am supposed to remove the factory sender, insert the t-piece into the block, insert the factory sender and the sender for my gauge into the t-piece. Then wire it all up.
Sounds simple.
The thing is it is pretty tight around the starter motor and there isnt enough room for both senders and the t- piece to fit.
So then I thought I would have Enzed build me a high pressure line. I would screw one end in where my factory sender is then run the line up the side of my engine.
I could build a bracket and mount the line where the top of my oil dipstick tube is mounted. Then I could mount my t-piece and both senders and finish the job. Unfortunatly Enzed will not build me a line. They dont say why they wont build it, they just say no.
So my question is this.
Does anyone know of an oil pressure gauge that is out there that I can install and just tap into the wire that runs into the original factory sender?
Or maybe there is an easier way to mount the one I have?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you...
Bill

Last edited:
The factory wiring will not drive a guage, is is a simple open or closed switch to identify if the required pressure is present.

Maybe pull out the factory sensor and install the aftermarket pressure sensor instead. Its purpose overrides the factory warning light, especially if you mark the minimum pressure on the guage.

If I replace the factory sender with mine and leave the factory wiring unhooked wont the oil light on my dash stay on?
Or are you suggesting I piggyback the factory sender wiring to the aftermarket sender wiring?
If I run a wire that only has power when the vehicle is running to the factory wiring will this keep my oil light off?
Bill

If I replace the factory sender with mine and leave the factory wiring unhooked wont the oil light on my dash stay on?

Not sure if the switch is normally-closed or normally-open... Try unplugging the sensor, if the light is on, then you will just have to pull the bulb out of the cluster.

Or are you suggesting I piggyback the factory sender wiring to the aftermarket sender wiring?

I don't think that would work.

If I run a wire that only has power when the vehicle is running to the factory wiring will this keep my oil light off?

Just ground the wire if you don't want to pull the bulb out of the cluster. Make sure everything you do is easily reversible, I.E. don't cut wires.

Back