high flow or upgrade turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Loveit, What brand turbo is it, does he want our old one as exchange, any warranty?

Cheers Rumpig

Hi Loveit, What brand turbo is it, does he want our old one as exchange, any warranty?

Cheers Rumpig

Hi rumpig
Its manufactured by forefront industries from scratch so the old hitachi goes in the bin

There would be warranty but like and product there would be conditions of warranty like professional fitment and factory boost levels only....services maintained etc i would say

So will these basically be a swap in/out job? As in will they be easy to install/cheap to get someone to install it, or will it be a big job?

easy job, do it yourself
anti sieze spray on your bolt...
unbolt the dump pipe, manifold bolts, oil feed and return and your intake and inlet pipe and walllah.

Milkman can you post some videos in cab of how the car pulls after all your upgrades please.

Very Keen for one of these upgrades my turbo doesn't seem to be as efficient after putting on the air to air inter cooler seems to max out at 13 psi on the cold side even with a boost controller.

updates x2
im on the opposite side, im making to much boost...:/
little turbo looses boost after 3000 from 17.5 to around 15.5

Last edited:
7 days! Christmas came early.
will you post up some more pics?
video or even an exhaust note?

I have stock exhaust with the bigger intake pipe didnt really notice any change in noise

understood, stock exhaust wont change the exhaust note.

Ive done a bit of research on "ye old google" on high flows, in particular the combination with a large compressor wheel and small exhaust wheel, which is what you mate has developed at forefront industries. Simple physics are that a smaller exhaust wheel reduces lag/time to peak boost due reduced inertia, however an increase in back pressure.
now that's a good combination to create more torque down low but its going to create high EGT, as having a larger exhaust wheel will flow more air but boost slower... (i'm using very basic terminology).

i'm reaching peak boost at around 2000rpm and i can reach this a little bit sooner if i ramp up the tune/methanol... so boost time is not an issue, however if i ramp up the tune EGT fly! due to high back pressure.
if i want to make more power its not going to happen safely for touring as i'm up in the rev range, heavy right foot and pulling up hills which is the perfect combination for EGT's.

the point to this ramble is, how has forefront industries over come the expected rise in EGT? have they flowed the waste-gate, say opening it up A LOT to vent this pack pressure once on max boost, as this is the only way i can think of that would slightly managing this high back pressure??????

its just concerning, as the few people out there wanted to get a bit more poke out of there nav but limited by EGT's, this turbo might not be the answer providing its one that boosts EGT.
or is this turbo more for people who have just got exhaust/EGR, intake and not experimented with fuel and other volatiles which boost EGT

cheers

Hey lawry

I am the owner of forefront industries .I Completely understand what you are saying as i have allready been through all of this in the design process unfortunately you cant please everyone however i do have plans for a stage 2 next (as well as d40 being made now )which will open up the rear for higher flow and a larger front wheel to cover that side so to speak

I suppose I see two main markets for d22 1. Stock or stock plus exhaust or stock plus exhaust and cooler (family cars that do a bit of towing here and there). 2.exhaust chip or exhaust cooler chip or all the way up to exhaust cooler chip injection etc etc (little bit more use then general a to b) lol , like yours the stage 1 wouldnt really help that much , but better then your stock turbo which would be copping a flogging

On our test vehicle "loveits ute" the thing was laggy as hell so the SLIGHTLY smaller turbine wheel did massive wonder for down low power which it had none, but still picked up power up high because of the front wheel

Beleive it or not loveit reported slightly lower egt on his vehicle

We had to start somewhere and this first version will make a lot of d22 owners happy being direct fit and better than stock

Last edited:
sounds good.
btw was the testing done with or without egr ?

and can you ship to NZ?

Thanks for clarifying that- Forefront.
I still think the stage one would be a great modification, as it adds 60 odd nm,
If possible what would this stage 1 turbo equivalent to, eg T25

Is it possible to get a custom turbo made up for around 700, as im getting a bit fed up with the current one as you can believe. Say a slightly larger comp wheel than the stage one and a a high flowed Exhaust housing and wheel to suit?

Would it benefit if a exchange turbo was involved?
finally do you do a ball bearing turbo?

Hi tweak yeh loveits ute has blocked egr

Hi lawry unfortunately we cant do one off custom jobs as they are being made by a turbo factory. Maye Mr turbo or someone like that could put something together for you
Can you clarify what you mean by reaching peak boost by 2000rpm for example what gear , from standstill etc. just trying to paint a picture of what sort of turbo you may benefit from

Peak boost by 2000-2200 in any gear really
water/meth and added diesel drive the exhaust wheel early, and when under load
not from a stand still.
I figured they were developed on a large scale, i guess i'll just have to keep looking.

Latest posts

Back