High Lift o Exhaust Jack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBoy89

Reaction score
What do you use? What do you prefer. I've used a high lift before and didnt like it. Haven't used and exhaust jack but looking into getting one

Ive used Hi-lift and agree they're scary (at least till you know how and for what to use them). I've not used an exhaust jack - but they appear fallible too. Plus they look like they take up a fair bit of space (can't be bolted to the rook rack etc like the hi-lift).

So, clearly I'm of no use to you at all and should just shut up

I agree with you parting comment. Haha.
I will order my Exhaust jack this week and leave a review.

I'm prob no use to you either, but a mate has one with his patrol and swears by it. He calls it a bull bag, talk about old fashioned. I have neither exhaust or high lift. If someone else has it then I don't lol

I'm prob no use to you either, but a mate has one with his patrol and swears by it. He calls it a bull bag, talk about old fashioned. I have neither exhaust or high lift. If someone else has it then I don't lol

Which one?

I went with the exhaust jack as i think its alot easier and safer. Never had to use it though.
But it wont matter whether im bogged on sand or mud it will lift with ease and dont have to stuff around trying to find a flat base for the hi lift.

Seeing as I'm going in sand at fraser I figured the high lift was just plain dangerous to be honest

just remember if you have an exhaust jack to block off your egr system.
the ecu will turn on the egr system after its been idling for a certain length of time. the high exhaust back pressure will shove massive amounts of egr in stalling the motor.

I have both.

I found the exhaust jack bulky and a pain to pack neatly,next to good for f.a. on the driveway tho it would probably help get you unbogged on the beach.

The high lift fits behind the back seat (48 inch) with my tools and recovery gear.
If you believe the hype the high lift can also be used as a hand winch and spreader.I have also heard of (as menace says) lifting vehicle and then pushing sideways off of the jack so vehicle is in a new set of tracks when bogged on beach, although I have never had to try it.

The high lift gets the gig in my car.

i went High lift because imo there alot more versatile in where i can use it around the ute.The Exhaust jack you have to find a good surface under the car which can be difficult if your bogged well.also isnt many suitable spots underneath for the Exhaust jack without causeing damage in the best case senario.
Exhaust comes into its element in the sand especially because you dont sink as far generally but would struggle and be a PITA in the mud and of course as said above the is fairly bulky.
High lift is a much better all rounder imo as you can buy those base for them which allow them to be still very effective in sand,i got really stuck the other week in sand and used the top of my camp oven as a base and worked a treat.you HAVE to keep them cleanish though or the mechanizim can be a prick of a thing,nothing that a slight tap wont free though.
And yes it works as a winch,got my mate out of trouble once useing it as a winch,was our last resort.winch ran batt dead and we were alone,snatchy on 1 end to tree and winch cable on the other and we got it out,does take a few resets as it gain very little ground though as a last resort it works great.would work as a sepertator no prob though not often you would need that but thats why they are called farm jacks too.
You can lift them and then push of for new track though this is not good as it can bend the jack but more so can be dangerous.wouldnt do it at first but again with no other choice i have done it and it does work.
I like the High lift better but hell if you got the coin and can carry it why not have both,there will always be a situtation were one is better than the other

i use a high lift
its used to change tyres also as my std jack hasnt got the reach to change a tyre

i use a high lift
its used to change tyres also as my std jack hasnt got the reach to change a tyre

Where were you trying to jack off? The only thing that will affect that is tyre size.. Jack off the axle :)
Cheers Craig that was a decent review of jacks!

Latest posts

Back