How capable is my nav ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFoldi

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering how far a nav with 2 inch lift and 265-75-r16 tires can go ? I normally head into the blue mountains but this is my first ifs vehicle. My old was a jeep wit big lift 35s and twin locked that flexed pretty well. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366109640.423148.jpg
I don't expect it to be as capable as this but can I expect it to get me most places ? Thanks for your help.

Deanfoldi

A mate of mine has a gq with 36s and there has not been a track that i have not been able to take on with him it comes dow to the driver and picking lines obviously there is some limitations but a good driver will and should beable to work around it all

As long as you choose the correct lines the nav will get you most places but at the end of the day its a torsion bar IFS front with leafs in the rear and wont be as capable as your old jeep. On a plus side you should get more km's to a tank :D

Brett

As long as you choose the correct lines the nav will get you most places but at the end of the day its a torsion bar IFS front with leafs in the rear and wont be as capable as your old jeep. On a plus side you should get more km's to a tank :D

Brett

Hahahah yeah I only used to get 280 km to a 72 litre tank ! And I had to put half my gear in other ppls utes because I didn't have enough room with the mrs and dogs lol.

If you want to take the hardest lines you can find, a d22 wont be able to do what a patrol can do, but almost every track has different lines and tracks to take, but, you can make it virtually anywhere in a d22 as long as your smart enough to take the best line, not just taking the same line as your mate before you!

Hahahah yeah I only used to get 280 km to a 72 litre tank ! And I had to put half my gear in other ppls utes because I didn't have enough room with the mrs and dogs lol.

Bloody hell, 280ks from 72 litres, is that a 4litre petrol with lots of mods?

And don't have the best pics of the nav but pretty much the same as these pics just with UHF and bfg km2s on it now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366113238.685986.jpg

Fuel economy does not matter when a car looks like that!

I have to agree it was a beast. Biggest mistake selling it. But it just was not practical. I want to start doing some longer touring trips and it just not practical in the jeep.

Hey mate they are very good offroad even stock trick is let ur tyres down and spend that extra 2 min lookin at each line. When i bought my car it was stock with 265-70-16 hw tyres and sagged both front and rear and i let my tyres down to 13 psi and i kept up with a patrol with 35s and a 6" lifted lux solid front and rear on 33s through meni i just took my time only scratched my rear bar caus of a large drop i took now i have 285-75-16 2" lift and 2"body and there isnt much i cant do my next mod will be front and rear lockers and then it should go anywhere,

G'day mate

I am also yet to tackle Blue Mountains for wheeling. However like everyone mentioned already the d22 is very capable on stock just choose the right line and you will be alright, so far with regards of clearance mods I only have 2" sus lift and 32" tyres - so far we've done all yalwal with our d22 without taking chicken track and Menai without going chicken track

That why you sas the nav best of both worlds.

Haha I mentioned that the other day and the mrs went nuts ! That jeep cost 20 grand to buy then within 18 months I spent anoth 25 to 30 on it then sold it for 23 lol so she is putting her foot down in this one. We have a wedding coming up in march next year and we need to buy a house. And now I'm out of work for upto 12 months after this shoulder surgery.... So I kinda have to listen to her this time round :(

Haha I mentioned that the other day and the mrs went nuts ! That jeep cost 20 grand to buy then within 18 months I spent anoth 25 to 30 on it then sold it for 23 lol so she is putting her foot down in this one. We have a wedding coming up in march next year and we need to buy a house. And now I'm out of work for upto 12 months after this shoulder surgery.... So I kinda have to listen to her this time round :(

Negative. When the shoulder get better just become an expat mate. the only way of life.

Hahaha so another Jeeper has moved over from AJOR to Navland. Thought I recognised the user name.I've found although my Nav isn't as capable as my previous Jeeps it sure is versitile off road in ways the Jeeps never could be, even though I still miss them.

It's Jeepchik btw.

Latest posts

Back