how far on fuel light 2009 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
How far can we drive when the fuel light comes on?

Of course taking it easy so you don't thrash the fuel.

I have done 50km's in mine but thats a longrange tank and still had 10L left.

Cant remember the original tank to much.

If it comes on when you are travelling you can get about 25-30km give or take. But if you stop and leave the vehical overnight dont be supprised if it wont go in the morning. The fuel settles and it wont start.

If it comes on when you are travelling you can get about 25-30km give or take. But if you stop and leave the vehical overnight dont be supprised if it wont go in the morning. The fuel settles and it wont start.

An 09 D22 should get around 10-12 liters per 100. If you can only get 25k's when the light comes on it means you only have 3 or so litres useable left?

That doesn't sound right.

I haven't pushed the k's with fuel light, however there seems so be about 8-10 l remaining when the light comes on. So I'd get 80-100k from that.

My 2010 D22 STR fills 65 liters (650kms) after the light comes on. Assuming the 75 liter tank is correct, then I have 10 liters left (or max 100kms) after the light first comes on.

I wouldn't like to risk it though....

Having fuel issues with my 09 d22. Getting just on 600kms per tank and that's to the fuel light. Since last service this has been going on. Mechanic used penrite hprd5w-40 oil. I have just serviced myself on the 5000 Mark using genuine Nissan oil 10w-40. Should I go back to using 5w-40 Enviro oil? As this is wat was in the car when I was gettin 750 a tank easy.

Having fuel issues with my 09 d22. Getting just on 600kms per tank and that's to the fuel light. Since last service this has been going on. Mechanic used penrite hprd5w-40 oil. I have just serviced myself on the 5000 Mark using genuine Nissan oil 10w-40. Should I go back to using 5w-40 Enviro oil? As this is wat was in the car when I was gettin 750 a tank easy.

Changing oil specification shouldn't change fuel consumption, well not enough to measure. Others may disagree.

Well it might if you went from used fryer oil to motor oil but it would depend on the car and the driver.

Wait till Dave comes along as says he uses Oil of Ulan and he still gets good economy all those ideas are out the window.

Latest posts

Back