How many KM is to many?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180degrees

Reaction score
OK so this probably seems a bit odd but I am going to sell my 08 D22 str and buy something like a DX around 2002 build so I can go on the beach without as much apprehension my car is going to rust out or worry if I lose it in the ocean ect, the ones I have been looking at in my price range of $12-15000 or less all have 200-250000km on them. Is this going to be a problem? assuming I get one that has been serviced? would it be wise to just buy a new turbo from the get go for it since they look to be only about $800 on ebay? or get an intercooler from northside for it to catch any turbo fragments should it blow up?

I guess another option is getting an earlier one with the QD32 but im not sure I want a slug engine, mind you the 2.5 is a bit like that some days and I have been on the beach quite a few times in other cars and sometimes you need a bit of power and I don't mind the ZD30.

cheers guys.

P.s I had a look through the how many km thread but would also like some direct input.

Over 200,000km's ain't so bad.

As long as its been serviced. Check the turbo out to.

anything that would stand out if a turbo was on its last legs? I guess freeplay and any weird noises? I was going to try and get a nissan dealership to check over whatever I decide to get but I will also be having a thorough look over for anything obvious (like underbody damage, leaky head gasket ect) but my mechanical skill to go pulling things apart on a scale of 1-10 would be like 2 haha.

Latest posts

Back