How many km's on your D40 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sod it, Easter's off due to a family issue, so the wife and I hit Minnamurra Falls yesterday, then did the Illawarra Fly Walk and finally had lunch in Robertson before returning to Newcastle.

That Illawarra Fly Walk will take 45mins-1hour, isn't really all that long, but is worth every cent of the $22 per adult head price tag. The views are sensational. Take every camera you've got, and don't be shy about hiking sticks. They do have snakes in the area!

So, back on topic, heading for 17,000km now. W00t! And we reached that on her 4-month anniversary with us.

I didn't think I'd be close to the average 20K in the first year and therefore figured the tax rebate for buying a new car last year wouldn't come into the equation, especially with the 8000ks of non business travel to Perth and back a few months ago. But I've got 3 months to do less than 3000ks and my tax rebate will be secure.

how many km's do you have to do to keep the rebate?
Got mine may 09, 14,500km's now. Coffs Harbour trip over easter will put another 1200 ish on it

Sod it, Easter's off due to a family issue, so the wife and I hit Minnamurra Falls yesterday, then did the Illawarra Fly Walk and finally had lunch in Robertson before returning to Newcastle.

That Illawarra Fly Walk will take 45mins-1hour, isn't really all that long, but is worth every cent of the $22 per adult head price tag. The views are sensational. Take every camera you've got, and don't be shy about hiking sticks. They do have snakes in the area!

So, back on topic, heading for 17,000km now. W00t! And we reached that on her 4-month anniversary with us.

No hijack intended,
but have to add Minnamurra is a sensational spot old son,
infact from Shellharbor south down to Lakes is heavenly,
and a special mention to your home town only for the fact you've got those FA/18's buzzing around close by..

sorry, back to topic.

how many km's do you have to do to keep the rebate?
Got mine may 09, 14,500km's now. Coffs Harbour trip over easter will put another 1200 ish on it

The new car tax rebate (or whatever they called it) only applied to cars brought this financial year. Do more than 50% of your k's as business k's and you get the 30% or whatever it was they promised. I don't remember all the details, thats why I pay an accountant, but I know with my trip to Perth not being claimable on tax I had to do atleast 17,000ks before the rebate would apply to me and I'll easily do that now.

That makes sense, the vast vast majority of mine are business so all good, haven't been keeping a log book though

I don't keep a log book as such, all mine gets is a date, customer name and ks traveled. At the end of the financial year as long as total k's listed as business k's is more than 50% of the total k's on the clock then it's all good.

Just a pity we can't get it every tax year, it wouldn't take long to forget about bad economy figures if the government gave us that kind of rebate each year.

no its 363.000. One swedish "mil" is 10km

For example my nav has 30100km on the clock, thats 3010mil in sweden

In sweden we dont use miles

Last edited:
I've had my D40 ST since 1st April ... I'm up to 13,000Kms (approx 7 weeks old).

I've had my KingCab for 2 weeks and clocked up 3000klms. I drove Gold Coast - Emerald the day after I picked it up.

BTW,did a quick economy check on the way back with only 1100klms on the clock. On the 400klm stretch Rolleston - Roma, I averaged 10.8L/100klm sitting on 115-120kph.

no its 363.000. One swedish "mil" is 10km

For example my nav has 30100km on the clock, thats 3010mil in sweden

In sweden we dont use miles

Well I'll be..... you learn something new every day! It would be interesting to talk to the previous owner to get his/her views on reliability etc.

I've had my KingCab for 2 weeks and clocked up 3000klms. I drove Gold Coast - Emerald the day after I picked it up.

BTW,did a quick economy check on the way back with only 1100klms on the clock. On the 400klm stretch Rolleston - Roma, I averaged 10.8L/100klm sitting on 115-120kph.

Manual or auto?

02/08 diesel man, just short of 53,000km. Got it second hand at 32,000km. No major problems through out it's life.

Back