How many km's on your D40 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just hit 96,000kms 3/2007 build/delivered. been through only 2 front tyres 500kms ago and a clutch, and a fuel rail. Had nissan re spray our roof as rust showed and paint flaking in the rails..

manual diesel d40 stx dual cab

My Nav hasn't been anywhere in a week now, the only time it's touched the outside air is when I go outside via the garage instead of the front door. I'm going to be lucky to even tick over 20K by it's one year anniversary now, and with no trip to Perth this year by it's second birthday I'll be lucky to be near 30K.

The way I'm going I'll be out of warranty real soon. Took delivery in May 2010 and in two months have travelled 9,600klm. :sad:

1st if the new D40 - 2005, 133000 KMS First set of brake pads - 120000, same as clutch - i am constantly getting between 8 and 8.5 litres per 100 kms, and around 1000 kms on full tank.
Looking at trading her on new model at end of year

Best car i have ownwed - and i have had many:dancing:

Last edited:
sept 08 and 43 k on the clock. no issue's as yet only with the fuel consumption. using about 12L per 100km.

july 08 build stx diesel manual
80000ks using about 12-13 ls per 100 roughly 530 to a tank!

suspension at 5000ks
one new clutch at 50000ks ,
tyres at 55000ks
another flywheel at 70000ks,
rotors at 75000ks

Not sure if I'll be be buying another one, wont be manual thats for sure!

06 D40 diesel auto. About to break the 110k mark.

Was a bit worried at the start of the thread that i was driving to much compared to other 06's. Then it hit me.... They are not driving enough!

01/08 D40 diesel 6 speed manual 90000 Ks.
Left hand rear shockie at 80000 (warranty)
Clutch at 85000 now have HD solid flywheel (a real clutch)

Currently building it to be a bit more off road friendly

09/2009 Manual - picked up 10/2009, did first 1500kms on the same weekend.
Now upto 21000kms - not even a year old yet. No faults yet (touch wood).

Fuel ecconomy aint the best (approx 12 to 13 litres per 100) but i've got a bit on weight in the back. I always carry recovery gear and tools in the back, and also have a 50l waeco fridge full of coke and beer. Not to mention the roof racks adding to lack of aero-dynamics.

Woody, looks like we're in similar situation - bought mine late Oct, sitting around 25k on the clock now and half of that's been towing the van.

You could try resetting the ECU to see if that helps a little with economy. Do it the easy way:

1) Note down your trip meter km if you're using it to record fuel economy
2) Remove the battery negative lead from the battery
3) Turn on the ignition or apply the brakes and count to 10 then turn off/let go
4) Reconnect the battery - job done!

I have 3 or 4 customers with over 250,000kms.
They he really noisy but still going.

Bit scared to ask but why are they really noisy?

Injectors just noisy. Nothing serious mate. One of them runs better than most with less than 100k
No smoke, no flat spots. Perfect. It's actually a pathfinder and the gentleman is about to sell up. Only looking for about 12 grand.

Injectors just noisy. Nothing serious mate. One of them runs better than most with less than 100k
No smoke, no flat spots. Perfect. It's actually a pathfinder and the gentleman is about to sell up. Only looking for about 12 grand.

There you go. Nice vehicle for the little lady.

Glad it's only injectors.

Ta

150000 km 1 blown injector ($1500) Noisy timing chain to be done ($3500) Only positive is Julia helps me pay for it (Novated lease salary sacrifice).

Latest posts

Back