Ignition harness

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi was wondering if any one can tell me what colour wire does what in the ignition harness, the plug that goes straight in to the back of the barrel in a 2005 d40 Stx I've looked in the manual but just can get my head around it
Thanks tony

If no one can answer. Take the cover of the steering column and you should be able to see the back of the switch. If you have a test light do a probe around with the ignition in different positions. If you don't have a test light you can make one using two lengths of wire and a 12v bulb from say an interior light. Just earth one wire and probe away with the other. Cheap tester.

Last edited:
You should have a ACC, ON, START. So when you are on ACC you should have only power to that contact.when you are I the ON position, you should have power to both ACC and ON contacts. When in the momentary START position you normally only have power to it (START) and the ON terminals, the ACC will normally have no power on start up hence why you stereo will turn of on start up.

Latest posts

Back