Injector Cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that ACES stuff looks pretty awesome, even if it only did half of what the video said it would still be some pretty good gear. might try putting some Fuel Dr on a bottom of a coke can and see what it does for shits and giggles.

I've been using Rislone Diesel additive for a while now.

I throw a bottle in every 5000 klm when I change the engine oil and filter.

By no means am I peddling the product, it just does the job for me.

Cheers,
VCrusty.

What exactly does it do when you say it does the job?..why do you continue to buy it ?

What exactly does it do when you say it does the job?..why do you continue to buy it ?

Gazza.
Probably didn't word that the best way but I've always used additives for injector cleaning purposes at 5000klm intervals on every car I've owned.
I previously used Wynns (Formula Gold) system treatments (both for diesel and petrol engines) for 5000klm services but they stopped making it around a year ago and I've been using Rislone every since.
I've definitely noticed a noise reduction on start up whilst using it, which confirms to me it's lubrication properties but it all comes down to ones personal preference for using or not using these products and I'm happy to use them and will continue to use them.
Cheers,
VCrusty.

I popped into c00ma diesel here in canberra. They warned me against fuel dr in the common rails. Said there's a water dispersant in it. Making the water hang in the fuel...

I'm inclined to listen to them given the work they do around here.

Or course they sell their own product called responsive (150ml $35 - 10ml/80l tank every second fill up)

I guess it's all much of a muchness... Each to their own aye?

From what I have heard about fuel Dr is that it breaks down the water making it so fine that it can be burnt along with the diesel. I have used it in every tank for a solid 2years now with nil issues. Even added extra doses to the fuel when I did the cape trip.

May be worth giving fuel Dr a call on there hotline to ask them. I also use fuel Dr in my generators, mower, brushcutter, chainsaw. All run really well with no starting issues etc.

Rusty

I use the penrite diesel injector cleaner, 1 bottle every 8-10 tanks. Costs me $9

The first time I used it I was surprised by the difference it made.

I use the penrite diesel injector cleaner, 1 bottle every 8-10 tanks. Costs me $9

The first time I used it I was surprised by the difference it made.

I just used this penrite injector stuff in ny last tank. I found it made my car run rougher and hasn't run properly since in starting or idling. Its just my opinion in my car and everyone's is different. Gonna give the Activ 2T a go in the next tank

I just used this penrite injector stuff in ny last tank. I found it made my car run rougher and hasn't run properly since in starting or idling. Its just my opinion in my car and everyone's is different. Gonna give the Activ 2T a go in the next tank

If I had that response I certainly would be put off using it. But so far so good.
It's a pity we can't still get super, a vegemite jar every month really cleaned the injectors.

Nissan are now using diesel treatment/injector cleaner as part of there servicing. So there must be some sort of gain by using it unless the slimy bastards are trying to prematurely wear parts like the injector pump (which is quite expensive on the repair/replace side of things

Nissan are now using diesel treatment/injector cleaner as part of there servicing. So there must be some sort of gain by using it unless the slimy bastards are trying to prematurely wear parts like the injector pump (which is quite expensive on the repair/replace side of things

Let's be accurate here. Nissan dealers are adding this. Did Nissan tell them to do it, or are they doing it "as a service to their clients" (which could easily equate to "their shareholders, partners and other financial beneficiaries of the dealership").

My car goes in this week for its 120,000km service. Let's see if my dealer adds diesel treatment to the tank.

Let's be accurate here. Nissan dealers are adding this. Did Nissan tell them to do it, or are they doing it "as a service to their clients" (which could easily equate to "their shareholders, partners and other financial beneficiaries of the dealership").

My car goes in this week for its 120,000km service. Let's see if my dealer adds diesel treatment to the tank.

I was told by the mechanic that Nissan are actually rolling this out as they have been developing there own formula to be used across the range of not only their diesel but have formulated one for the petrol range aswell.

I'm curious as to why. We know the fuel in Australia is substandard. Surely Nissan aren't putting in cetane boosters to make us think the car performs better after a service, which is why we should continue servicing with their dealers?

on my first and only service nissan done the put the injector stuff in cost me 15bucks i think they said it is meant too stop any algae growing in tank

I'm in the same boat as you mate, would like to see what benefits they believe it makes to warrant putting it in at every service. As for cetane booster i believe it would have it in there as when i drove my car home from having it serviced after about 30 - 40 odd km i happen to notice it was picking up a bit more smoothly and quicker. So wouldn't mind betting that it does have a booster of some sort.

Ditto here for 2.2ltr Toyoace and D21 TD25 Navara. Cleanpower is used for fuel lines and injectors while Decarboniser deglazes engine cylinders. Be aware that deglazing may show up already existing cylinder defects. Ask Brid at Cost Effective Maintenance if in doubt. Cheers.

I've been using top shelf cleaners and additives but nothing will stop this building up- these where "allegedly" replaced 10'000k's ago!

this was a cleaner one of the 4..I think it's due to the glow plug times! One side of the injector had more build up than the other side..

woops forgot to include the pic ...

Attachments

• 20150706_172855.jpg
    20150706_172855.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150706_172814.jpg
    20150706_172814.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Back