Installing snorkel shortly, 95mm hole..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't f#@k it up Marcus.Triple check it before you drill.What gaurd do you have off,the inner I'm hoping.

Thanks for the advice! If I faark it I'll use the other one I showed ya! Yeah nah I've got the wheel arch guard off, the instructions are pretty good.

That's old school redman! Nice one.
When you say the pre cleaner is that the box that feeds off the standard intake pipe?
How'd you plumb it? What is the difference? You get more air in? Any negatives?
Cheers

Yeh the Precleaner is the cylinder steel thing that has a few sharp small bends into it and very restrictive... I think it is there to let any rocks/water out of the intake.. :idea:

My Snorkel gets the air into the engine bay, then i have used some PVC pipe to join the snorkel to the airbox, you'll see the airbox has a triangular fitting.. So the pvc fits nicely on the outside of the triangle, use heat to bend the PVC to shape and sealed it with silicone... Also had to drill a smallish hole in the PVC to fit the Sensor into it aswell.. Piss easy to do... Def gets better airflow.. The pickup is Great, Revs very easy and smooth. :devil: Mixed with 3' Exhaust and Front mount Intercooler, Sounds pretty wicked :rock:

Only bad thing with this is when doing your services, You have to undo another clamp to get the airfilter out of the box.. No biggy just an extra couple minutes...
Oh and i wish the PVC was black not white, would look heaps better... I may have to paint it :big_smile:

Yeh i've just done a heap of drains to my front yard, so i had alot of pipes sitting around... Seen this and thought, wow that'll work... :)

got my 80 series cruiser air filter box fitted on saturday night.while drinking cans with my son and his mates.
great fit and lines up perfect with the inner hole.
one of the mounting brackets also lines up spot on with the pre cleaner hole,slightly bent another bracket and drilled a new hole,and cut off the 3rd bracket and whala,its in..
its bloody huge..
im booked in on wednesday to have the snorkel made to siut...
whole thing will cost $170...i have the paint at home or might get it powder coated..

Got mine in on Friday, fairly straight forward and very happy with result.
Looks awesome and the sound is a bonus when you hit around 3000 rpm, wasn't expecting that!!
Enjoyed putting it in. Just need to silicone up the factory air box pipes now, I'm fairly confident they haven't been waterproofed!
Stay tuned for my next misadventure (broke after Xmas so might add a couple of extra reverse lights, and do the egr mod!
Thanks for all the tips fellas and Joe dont forget to post some pics when yours is done!

Looks awesome and the sound is a bonus when you hit around 3000 rpm, wasn't expecting that!!
Enjoyed putting it in. Just need to silicone up the factory air box pipes now, I'm fairly confident they haven't been waterproofed!
Stay tuned for my next misadventure (broke after Xmas so might add a couple of extra reverse lights, and do the egr mod!
Thanks for all the tips fellas and Joe dont forget to post some pics when yours is done!
Dont do what I foolishly did and mount those little spotties under the rear bar. Long gone after being smashed and flattened.

will do digbyj.
good work geting yours on,how did you feel chopping into your guard?
i think i will also post a vid on the other thread about exhaust sound also, when i get the snorkel fitted..

will do digbyj.
good work geting yours on,how did you feel chopping into your guard?
i think i will also post a vid on the other thread about exhaust sound also, when i get the snorkel fitted..

Haha, yeah watch posting that vid, might get a few of the blokes on here howling or something,
I was surprisingly calm drilling the holes, having never used a holesaw before! For a brief second afterwards I though I'd drilled the wrong side of the car. Scotty would've killed me! Was good fun, look forward to doing something else to it, havin a ball with my truck!

here it is digbyj
PICT0043.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

i got some vids coming soon.this things pulls like a train,revs out smoothly and very quickly,spools up so quick,verry impressive..:rock:

Faaark! That's gotta be one of a kind! Is it powder coated? It looks pretty mean, is the top permanent facing backwards? That cruiser airbox looks pretty big, does it get more air on basically?
You've done well Joe, and cheap too! How does it sound?
What next?
So many questions...
Cheers

sure is mate,one of a kind.
painted by myself,with cans only.
yeah the cruiser filter is huge and it must get more air.
i had 2 passengers when we took the vids and they spun out how it accelerates,in 2nd gear the guy in the back reckons he was stuck to the back seat,it revs right out effortlessly...
i love it..

Out of interest does the lack of "air ram effect" of not having a forward-facing air ram snorkel affect performance in any way?

I imagine not due to the turbo.

Nice effort, by the way. Certainly looks unique.

na the facing backwards has no different effect at all it will still suck your hand in while idling and i run a pod filter aswell when rains coming.. its made a noticable difference in acceleration and torque as well..

yea the bl;ack is a nice colour its just the scratches show up so easy and ive gotta polish and wax it alot lol

na the facing backwards has no different effect at all it will still suck your hand in while idling and i run a pod filter aswell when rains coming.. its made a noticable difference in acceleration and torque as well..

yea the bl;ack is a nice colour its just the scratches show up so easy and ive gotta polish and wax it alot lol

Snorkel looks good mate, certainly gives a few of the guys on here another option to consider. I've noticed more free flowing revving and acceleration with my Nissan one so yeah you guys must be pretty happy with your result.

starry-d22,did u do a stall test?did it stall?
mine has a leak somewhere,i cant seem to find where though.
im starting to think its in the water trap bowl where it has that small rubber thing on the bottom of it,i think thats where the water drains out.
i checked all the clamps and it wont stall...
got me stuffed..:rock:

Latest posts

Back