Installing snorkel shortly, 95mm hole..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In two minds about this stall test thing.
1. By covering the intake then you are going to impose forces that would otherwise not be subjected to the joints and cause them to fail because of the nature and momentum of an internal combustion engine and its inherent design that causes it to create vacuum.
2. If there is a rubber water trap / nipple fitted then this will become the path of least resistance and it will draw air through it due to the physics of positive and negative pressure.
3. With the majority of the snorkel and air intake uninhibited then this becomes the path of least resistance and thus the water trap will continue to do its job, unless it is damaged due to sticking your hand or other obstruction over the main intake.

a i didnt do the stall test but i did have a river running over the windscreen and no water got in anywhere so i think its pretty sealed lol :rock:

aido,it makes sense what you said.
so do you reckon that i just leave it as is?
did you stall test yours?

starry-d22,i suppose i might just have to trust it,i just want to be sure i dont wreck the freakn engine...

best test is with Aerostart over all joins and connections. If there is a noticeable increase of RPM then there is a leak that is of significant concern.
Otherwise choking the main source of intake will only induce leaks.

images

Ever had temperamental 2 strokes?
I had 100cc 2 strokes running 32mm flatslides and it was the only way to get em started and moving enough air to make the carb work...but thats aside from the point.
Spray either this stuff or Aerostart over the joints and if you notice a difference in RPM ( an increase ) then that area needs attention.

Last edited:
if your hose from turbo to air box isnt leaking and your sleave from the snorkel to airbox is clamped properly you should be fine mate..

yea i see where your coming from about wrecking your engine if i ever blow mine i either wanna put a 6.5litre intercooled turbo diesel chev or an lsx crate engine lol

Latest posts

Back