Is That A Ferret In Your Pocket?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncySpam

Reaction score
not sure if anyone else on here has seen/used these.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc_hV1dgHW4[/yt]

Much faster than ARB or Stauns, and about as accurate. And at $30 inc posting from they manufacturer, much cheaper too.

If anyone is interested in one, let me know and I'll try and get Rodto register on this forum and sell here. Otherwise, go register on the Patrol4x4 forum and he sells them there, or on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool product and Australian owned.

Hopefully Australian made to.

Id buy a some.

Dave.

Dave - Rod turns them out in his shed. He does it for the love of keeping his hands busy rather than as a business. you only need one btw, unless you want to be able to have two people letting tyres down on each side. They are so quick that you couldn't possibly do more than one tyre at a time.

08King - Yup exactly what I thought, till I tested them. You can very easily let the tyres down, then test them when done to be sure... which is what I do. It's just so much faster, and so much more indestructible than the stauns that I was convinced to change once I had tested.

i got 1, and for your standard sized tyres, say a 31-33 they are pretty accurate at 1psi a second.

on my big 35's though it can take a good bit longer, but still faster then the other stuff out there

Dave - Rod turns them out in his shed. He does it for the love of keeping his hands busy rather than as a business. you only need one btw, unless you want to be able to have two people letting tyres down on each side. They are so quick that you couldn't possibly do more than one tyre at a time.

Cool, I am on the Patrol forum Ill order one.

Dave.

I've had one for a few years now will always recommend this product. I work on 1 psi to a 2 count so 10psi drop is a count to 20. very accurate, always use a gauge though.

chris

i brought one a few weeks ago and will be testing it out on thursday when i go up to Tin Can Bay, they look the goods!

simple 2 piece design which cant come apart

no o rings or rubber to deteriorate and wear away

the arb ez deflator has had issues where the o ring fails and so you couldnt get a pressure reading

+ they are about 5x the speed to deflate that the ARB jobies are

Valve out = valve out IMO

But will be interesting to see. I will test this weekend and see if ARB matches the 1lb per second.

IMO the advantage of a gauge far out weighs the POSSIBLE replacement of a o-ring.

As you are getting closer to the desired pressure wit the ARB you can just flick it in or out to get precise pressure.

With this one its guess work and you have to screw valve in and then take it off before using your gauge. If your off you have to reattach it all over again. Or even more annoying, you go too low you have to get the compressor out. There goes your time advantage

How constant is the 1lb per second I would think it would change quite a bit with vehicle weight, tyre size and and start/finish PSI?

Right at .85lb per sec I need to drop 20PSI, How many seconds is that again???

As with all 4wd accessories whats best is very personal.

A problem I see with the count down method is you don't know what the starting pressure is without first checking with a gauge.
I still think I prefer the Staun method, screw them on, take a piss or crack a can, usually takes 2 mins to deflate, unscrew and go. Pretty much idiot proof and I can't see why you would need to deflate the tyres any faster.

its not hard you know...

i just have a small pressure gauge that you just push against the valve and it measures the pressure, no screw on crap.

pressure reads 40, i'll drop down to 20 and count 20 seconds.

press the gauge against the stem and if its at something like 22 or 24 then i just use the corner of the gauge which has a lil knob for pushing the valve in to deflate the tyre just that little bit extra, and push the gauge against the valve to recheck.

after that experience you then know to count an extra few seconds because the tyre might be big and so take a bit longer then 1psi a second.

its not like you HAVE to have every tyre perfectly at 20psi or whatever

quick and easy for me

So why are you trying to convince us we are wrong :p

Not, mate. Neither am I. Just highlighting the issues I see with the ferrett as your doing with the EZ

Well actually, in truth you are wrong in my opinion

And I'm wrong in yours
And 08KINGCAB thinks were all wrong! ;-) :cheers!:

A problem I see with the count down method is you don't know what the starting pressure is without first checking with a gauge.
I still think I prefer the Staun method, screw them on, take a piss or crack a can, usually takes 2 mins to deflate, unscrew and go. Pretty much idiot proof and I can't see why you would need to deflate the tyres any faster.

you ned 4 of them, to 1 ferret....
as someone here said, they dont all have to perfectly matched in pressure,,

Latest posts

Back