Jaymac90210's Triton

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3174844736.jpg

Tjm bar fitted and black dynamic 16 inch rims

It looks good, they start to look pretty beefy once a couple of things are done, I could probably go one, they're way better looking than the D-Max, Colorado or Mazda BT.

Yeah I looked at a few that were tricked up with the goods before I bought one brand new because out of most dual cabs on the market (other than a D22 with the goods ;) ) the Triton came up looking really good haha!

The Triton now sporting TJM Fleet Commercial bar, Side Rails and Rock Sliders, TJM Airtec snorkel, 16 x 7 Sunraysia rims and Uniden UHF. Coming along slowly haha! Oh and the good old Winchester sticker :p

Attachments

• image-3249357645.jpg
    image-3249357645.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,383
Well update to date, got 9000 kms on the bugger and whilst it's a great freeway cruiser in comfort I'm contemplating going back to a D22 3.0L. The build quality of the cars today feels cheap and nasty and that's reflected in my Triton. Doors rattle, windows go up and make really bad noises, already had a wheel speed sensor replaced. Plus not to mention how I'm sceptical about doing my trip around Australia with the not so reliable common rail. Hearing more bad stories than good. Anyone know if 25,000 for a 2004 D22 ST-R dual cab with 40,000 kms seems too good to be true?

Its a shame you feel that way jaymac about the common rail issue. No issues to date and i have had a watery batch of fuel which was caught by the stanadyne fuel manager system. With the right items in place you shouldnt worry about the cr issue. Then again i dont know how different the 2 motors are in comparison to reliability. Id trust mine to do it. Sounds like you have a few minor issues with doors etc. But i do agree with build quality not being as good these days. My work has both triton and hilux as work utes and you only have to lean on the panels and they are rooted.

Rusty

Its a shame you feel that way jaymac about the common rail issue. No issues to date and i have had a watery batch of fuel which was caught by the stanadyne fuel manager system. With the right items in place you shouldnt worry about the cr issue. Then again i dont know how different the 2 motors are in comparison to reliability. Id trust mine to do it. Sounds like you have a few minor issues with doors etc. But i do agree with build quality not being as good these days. My work has both triton and hilux as work utes and you only have to lean on the panels and they are rooted. Rusty

Did you mean that water-watch fuel management system? I enquired with mitsushitty about fitting that and they kicked up a storm saying it will void my warranty for stuff that I didn't even think would be relevant haha. The motor itself has a good reliable history (4D56) as it has been around since the early 90's but the added sensors and stuff just concerns me. The D22 I had was simple no fuss and would love one again. Also this electronic fly-by-wire accelerator stuff annoys me haha guess I'm just not a fan of technology :p

Did you mean that water-watch fuel management system? I enquired with mitsushitty about fitting that and they kicked up a storm saying it will void my warranty for stuff that I didn't even think would be relevant haha. The motor itself has a good reliable history (4D56) as it has been around since the early 90's but the added sensors and stuff just concerns me. The D22 I had was simple no fuss and would love one again. Also this electronic fly-by-wire accelerator stuff annoys me haha guess I'm just not a fan of technology :p

Yeh the water watch thing. I got mine from terrain Tamer but there are plenty of companies doing kits with laser cut fitting brackets. I don't see how it will void warranty. Your not modifying anything or causing damage to anything. Your more saving Mitsubishi from heartache lol.

I'd still do it regardless. My cousin has a 2013 space cab triton as a farm truck and hasn't had any issues with it. He get his fuel out of a 200yr old tank that sits in the weather all day etc.

Yeh the water watch thing. I got mine from terrain Tamer but there are plenty of companies doing kits with laser cut fitting brackets. I don't see how it will void warranty. Your not modifying anything or causing damage to anything. Your more saving Mitsubishi from heartache lol. I'd still do it regardless. My cousin has a 2013 space cab triton as a farm truck and hasn't had any issues with it. He get his fuel out of a 200yr old tank that sits in the weather all day etc.

You would think that wouldn't you? But no. They are incredibly fussy with their warranty (as they offer 5 year warranties) and yeah I will if I consider hanging into it but at the moment I'm looking at a 2004 3.0L Nav with 40,000 kms on the odo. With such little kilometres travelled over nearly 10 years, is that bad for the engine?

Maybe it's had a rebuild? If not it hasn't even run in yet. My uncle has a Mazda bravo with 40000 on it over 10-12 years. Still in mint condition. Asking as it's still had a regular oil change as oil does go stale.

Rusty

Maybe it's had a rebuild? If not it hasn't even run in yet. My uncle has a Mazda bravo with 40000 on it over 10-12 years. Still in mint condition. Asking as it's still had a regular oil change as oil does go stale. Rusty

I was thinking that but he's taken a pic of the cluster and it says 40,000 so I dunno. Is there a way to plug into the ecu and check the kilometres there?
That's awesome! I really want a Navara again now haha

Back