Jaymac90210's Triton

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymac90210

Reaction score
G'day fellas me again, well it's not a navara but as I was asked in my "goodbye" thread to upload pictures of my new triton and keep everyone informed about the build. Pretty stock for the moment, ironman bullbar is on order and will be fitted 18th August followed by a snorkel and winch. Here she is so far

Attachments

• image-1997092973.jpg
    image-1997092973.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 15,573
  • image-2662160965.jpg
    image-2662160965.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 213
should get an alloy rear tray

the back of the triton makes me :puke:

still its probably better than the D22.

should get an alloy rear tray

the back of the triton makes me :puke:

still its probably better than the D22.

Haha yeah the arse scrapes on everything because of it's long overhang. Nah man haha I miss my D22! Except this has ultra low, low range gears. You could swear it has reduction gears haha

I had a pretty tricked out Triton before i got the d-40

if you ever need to ask a Q fire them off , good luck with the new ride

Thanks mate. I do dearly miss my old D22 though, felt like a real beaut little rig. Don't upgrade haha

No chance of me upgrading at the moment, the wife got a new car last year so I will have to wait a bit longer. Mind you when the Rx d40 was advertised at $32000 I was having trouble not signing up for one

Haha yeah the arse scrapes on everything because of it's long overhang. Nah man haha I miss my D22! Except this has ultra low, low range gears. You could swear it has reduction gears haha

The D40 have lowest 1st gear in it class. I have the 5speed auto and most time find 1st low is just too low.

Yeah true, and I did consider a D40 for my next purchase however for the price I would have paid for an RX D40 manual brand new would still have been more than what I paid for the middle ranged triton haha. Next step in a few years time (hopefully they've beefed up the Diesel engine) is a new patrol

I have to admit the mn and ml tritons are growing on me. We have some nicely tricked ones around ny area and they look the goods. My cousing purchased a space cab version and it was nice to drive apart from its really high 5th gear. Found myself dropping to 4th everytime I dropped to 80kmh. Its much quieter then his captiva and my d22 but mine has more balls the his atm cause its go the chip and exhaust.

Looks good mate. Time to stack the mods on

Rusty

Yeah true, and I did consider a D40 for my next purchase however for the price I would have paid for an RX D40 manual brand new would still have been more than what I paid for the middle ranged triton haha. Next step in a few years time (hopefully they've beefed up the Diesel engine) is a new patrol

Yeah I was looking at Triton as well they had one there with the factory diff lock 5gs cheaper then mine, but with all the same gear as mine + a hard cover. The long ass rear end combined with the location of the child seat anchor points just made the d40 a better pick. I also found the idea of a rear lsd over the locker better seen I spend more time on the tar. The D40 also has better take off and low down then the Triton. In all tho the Triton's are a sexy looking truck.

the Tritons are very good value.

before i bought my nav i went to a dealer to look at the Dmax ended up taking a new Triton for a drive as well was very impressed. they offered me a new GLXR for the same price/changeover as the ST.

nearly said yes.

and my brother in law just updated his D21 that he had from new to a new GLR, he is over the moon happy.

That looks good as mate, how did you find the Triton? Cheers mate I appreciate that. Was yours MN or ML?

It was an ML I had it from new and it n never have any real hassles , persistent squeaking rear springs and shit std suspension and the steering column knock , all common to them , other than that it was good, very small on the tub though , even given the longer tubs of the MN's their still 200 mm narrower than the D40

Last edited:
I have to admit the mn and ml tritons are growing on me. We have some nicely tricked ones around ny area and they look the goods. My cousing purchased a space cab version and it was nice to drive apart from its really high 5th gear. Found myself dropping to 4th everytime I dropped to 80kmh. Its much quieter then his captiva and my d22 but mine has more balls the his atm cause its go the chip and exhaust.

Looks good mate. Time to stack the mods on

Rusty

Yeah likewise haha, I did want to buy another D22 but the shoddy leg room in the back wouldn't work for me so I had to get something roomier.... However I've found it rather gutless below 2000 rpm where as my old 3.0L nav felt a lot more livelier :( oh well. Whats done is done haha

the Tritons are very good value.

before i bought my nav i went to a dealer to look at the Dmax ended up taking a new Triton for a drive as well was very impressed. they offered me a new GLXR for the same price/changeover as the ST.

nearly said yes.

That's funny because I wanted a Dmax over the triton as I like how it's a 3L as opposed to a 2.5... But the price factor was a big issue. The GLXR are a really good value dual cab ute actually but couldn't spend the extra 4k for that when I'd rather spend the money on getting some goodies put on her

Yeah I was looking at Triton as well they had one there with the factory diff lock 5gs cheaper then mine, but with all the same gear as mine + a hard cover. The long ass rear end combined with the location of the child seat anchor points just made the d40 a better pick. I also found the idea of a rear lsd over the locker better seen I spend more time on the tar. The D40 also has better take off and low down then the Triton. In all tho the Triton's are a sexy looking truck.

Yeah the factory diff lock option is a bonus to some people hahaha. I thought all 2.5's had no balls down low... Guess it's a Triton thing, I'm already researching chips for it to give me most power off idle ;) hope a chip can help haha :(

That's funny because I wanted a Dmax over the triton as I like how it's a 3L as opposed to a 2.5... But the price factor was a big issue. The GLXR are a really good value dual cab ute actually but couldn't spend the extra 4k for that when I'd rather spend the money on getting some goodies put on her

yes i liked the Dmax as well but it was going to cost me 5k more than the ST to change over.

Latest posts

Back