johnpoona

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi JohnPoona,

Welcome to the forums, This could be various things. I suggest that you have a bit of a search on the forums and read some of the existing threads on things like "stuck in 4 low" and other problems that people have had with shifting between 2hi/4hi/4low. These may not be the same as your problem, however the threads might contain some interesting information for you.

As Wykked mentioned above, have you made sure you have followed the instructions in the owners manual for selecting 4 low?

Brad

4 wheel lock prob

can anyone tell me why my 2009 d40 won't select 4x4 low

sorry guys ,I'm new but been 4x4ing for the last 34 years and not had a problem like this ,4x4 high is fine ,the electronics seem to put the navara (stx d40) into low but nothing happens and I'm buggered if I'II go underneath these days ,could it be the ABS or similar HELP ha ha

Hi, welcome to the forum. Have you had it in 4L before?? I know with my 08 ST-X it will go into 4H on the move, but to select 4L you have to be at a complete stop, out of gear and foot on the clutch. Have you tried this??

If its a manual box you have to have it in neutral, mine wont go in until i take it out of gear, the lights on the dash will just flash and keep on flashing until i take it out of gear, then it will go "click" and drop straight in.

If its an auto then you will have to have your foot on the brake, and maybe have it in neutral or park but im not 100% sure about the last bit, im sure someone will confirm this, Old Tony has an auto pm him and he will soon give you the run down.

Welcome to the forum.

The auto has to be in neutral with the foot on the brake to actually engage 4LO. It's a new whiz-bang safety feature.

If it won't engage even when done per the manual, it's probably one of the switches in the gearbox that tell the system that it CAN, although the D40 should indicate some problem like flashing the little picture of the wheels on the left side of the instrument panel.

Back