Jon's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having second thoughts on the GU wheels I have put on. When I fitted them up they fitted ok but I have noticed that they have been rubbing slightly on the mudflap on compression and full lock. I know this is the common area where they rub and everyone just trims the mudflap a bit. The problem is that the tyres are only 265/70 and I wanted to put 265/75 on them soon. I think the rubbing will be a lot worse later on if it is rubbing now. Plus they will need some flexiflares or something to stop rocks from flicking up against the side of the car. I really like the look of them though so still a little bit undecided. I'm sure I could get back what I paid for them through ebay or something. Might just wait until I give it some lift and then see what the rubbing is like. I guess I could just wind the torsion bars up a bit to check if it makes a difference.

Well its been a bloody long time since this thread has been updated. Not much has happened as I have been on a deployment in Afghanistan for the last 9 months. Things are full steam ahead though right now as I am planning a trip to the cape in a couple of months time. I picked up this ARB canopy secondhand for $300. It was white but I stripped all the glass off it and got it resprayed for $400. Its in perfect condition so I was pretty happy to have it all done for less than a grand. Just need some extra weatherstrip to finish the install.

IMG_1543.sized.jpg

IMG_1544.sized.jpg

IMG_1545.sized.jpg

I'll get some more pics later once I get it back on the car.

Got this tab from TJM for 10 bucks and welded it on. Perfect fit and looks standard. I'll be mounting the uhf aerial here instead of using a clamp.

IMG_1546.sized.jpg

ARB are a pain to deal with. Tried getting the weatherstrip today and I just got some blank looks. They are trying to order it so I will give them a couple of days before I go back because I doubt they will call me. It was too hard for them to get some installation instructions printed for me too so I made a phone call to the head office and 2 minutes later got the instructions emailed to me. For the 09 model and above but same thing more or less. Thought I would have some luck finding the weatherstrip at clark rubber but no joy their either. Oh well for now I installed the canopy to make room in the shed and will reinstall it later when I get the rubber strip required.

IMG_1547.sized.jpg

IMG_1549.sized.jpg

Dave, I dunno how I got it so cheap. Right place at the right time I guess. Its one of those things that can be advertised for ages with no interest. The guy just didn't like the look of it, I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it. Still had the original part number stickers inside it and no problems with it at all, not even a scratch.

I have a couple of other goodies on order. Some Maxxis Bighorns should be fitted in the next day or so and should have some TJM underbody guards fitted by the end of the week. A new sound system is on its way also. Can't wait!

haha... like christmas. sideeffect i suppose of being your away for extended period. looks great and what a deal on that canopy.

Just got the new wheels and tyres fitted. First impressions from 5 minutes on the highway, fairly noisy tyre but not overwhelming just need to crank the stereo a little bit more. I got the 265/75R16 Maxxis Bighorns fitted onto +30 Kings Wheels and as you can see they don't stick out the guards at all, I like keeping stone chips off my paintwork. They scrub a little bit on the front mudflaps but it is getting lifted very soon if it continues to scrub out after the lift I will butcher the mudflaps then.

IMG_1550.sized.jpg

IMG_1551.sized.jpg

IMG_1552.sized.jpg

Installed my UHF today, I had to find an alternative to the DIN position as I'm installing a double din navigation system there so I'm trying it here. I didn't think it would be any good but my leg doesn't touch it at all and it is actually easy to see the display while driving by glancing down through the steering wheel. I'll leave it here for now anyway and change it later if need be.

IMG_1553.sized.jpg

Looking good mate. Love the look with the new wheels and tyres.

Installed my UHF today, I had to find an alternative to the DIN position as I'm installing a double din navigation system there so I'm trying it here. I didn't think it would be any good but my leg doesn't touch it at all and it is actually easy to see the display while driving by glancing down through the steering wheel. I'll leave it here for now anyway and change it later if need be.

G'Day,
I tried installing my electric brake controller in the same position but everytime I used the clutch leg would rub on it, got very annoying so had to move it, guess it depends on how long your legs are and position of seating. Ute is looking the goods now, good work.
Matt

G'Day,
I tried installing my electric brake controller in the same position but everytime I used the clutch leg would rub on it, got very annoying so had to move it, guess it depends on how long your legs are and position of seating. Ute is looking the goods now, good work.
Matt

Hmmm, strange. I'm 6 foot 3 and the seat is as far as it can go back but the left leg still doesn't rub. Maybe after a long drive it will I don't know. I'll rethink my positioning if I have to but for now it'll do I'm quite happy with it. Thanks for the comments too guys I'm happy with the progress at the moment. Much more to come so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Looks good, a mate of mine has a similar setup in his VW GTI, was there much stuffing around with this unit? It took my mate a while, but I think he custom made his out of PC parts etc.

Nope was an easy install really, it took a couple of hours but I did a fair bit of stuffing around when I was running the camera cable to the back by putting split conduit over everything. Check the link for more info I just updated it with the camera install. Cheers.

Last edited:
It doesn't come with oziexplorer, I'm going to install that onto a separate sd card myself. It runs any software which will run on WinCE 5.0.

IGO 8 is preloaded onto the sd card for street navigation and I'm giving that a go at the moment, seems pretty good so far but I can always put Tom Tom or something else on if I want to. There is a couple of pics of the navigation software that is preloaded on another thread which I linked to a couple of posts up.

Cheers

Got some more goodies in the mail last night. I'm going to use the EFS shocks and EFS springs with the 300kg load rating as I do a lot of towing, I'm sticking with rubber bushes instead of polyurethane and going with greasable shackles. Going to have a crack at installing it all probably this weekend. I've started by lubricating everything under the car with inox to make everything easier to remove. Any tips to make life easier when doing this would be appreciated. Cheers. Also got a pair of lightforce 240 Blitz to throw on aswell.

IMG_1618.sized.jpg

greasable shackles with rubber bushings? remember that rubber cannot be greased, it is normal practise to install Polyurethane bushes when fitting greasable shackles. guess it won't hurt to have the shackles incase you put in poly bushes later.

Latest posts

Back