Jon's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tips
1. get full tank of fuel, empty tray befoer you do it so weight is like it is for normal load.
2. i did back first as thats the quicker/easier part. do one side at a time
3. don't tighten shackles untill leaf is under normal load (ie not jacked up)
4. mark where torsion bars sit now before removing (then you can reindex same on each side)
5. put circlips back on
6. after getting tb even go for quick drive up curbs and shit to flex then go remeasure. your on even ground yeah
7. tighten everything again after 1000km or so
8. get wheel alignment asap

can't think of anything else, its all pretty easy

Thanks for the tips mate I'll make sure I'll remember that when I get onto the job. As for the no greasing rubber bushes can I ask why not? I was planning on using rubber grease.

rubber grease would be ok. generally there is no need to use grease with rubber bushings as they don't squeek like poly. I'd worry that maybe if you started using grease you'd have to keep using it regularly, more jobs to do, also if you don't need grease why bother, just more muck in it when dust and that sticks to it. someone else might have better advice.

Last edited:
nice job Jon!

question on the Boggard - how hard was it to install in the nav? Looking at their web page and the plastic clips. Is it just plug and play into the cpu? cheers

Lj

I believe if you buy the unit directly from bogaard it just plugs straight into the original harness behind the ignition barrel. This one is out of my patrol which had the plugs to suit that vehicle. I had to cut off the plugs and solder into the appropriate wires which was easy enough after a quick phone call to bogaard to find out what colour wires on the navara went to what wires on the timer. Bogaard is a very helpful company to deal with which was good to see these days. Nothing plugs into the cpu or anything like that. Its a very quick and easy job. Took me about an hour to solder everything in including phone calls. If you had the correct wiring harness it would take about ten minutes. Cheers.

Ok had a busy weekend putting gear on the Navara. First of all I finally sorted out the TJM bash plates.

IMG_1634.sized.jpg

Then fitted these to the bullbar.

IMG_1632.sized.jpg

Looks heaps better with the EFS suspension in, did you jus wind the TB up at the front?

Looks heaps better with the EFS suspension in, did you jus wind the TB up at the front?

Thanks mate, no I put new torsion bars in front aswell. Didn't bother taking a pic as they pretty much looked like the old ones but slightly bigger in diameter. Was a bit of a pain getting them indexed correctly but we got there in the end.

Wow, how much lift did you end up getting? Looks great!! How does it ride? Im looking at the EFS gear too, how do you rate it so far?

After the photos were taken I took it on some rutted tracks near my house and got the suspension working. Then I took it back home and retightened everything and measured again. It all settled down to almost exactly 50mm higher on all corners. Maybe a little bit more. In the photos it went up to about 65mm. So far very happy with the results. On road quite firm but not too bad. Offroad much better, a bit less flex in the rear. Remembering I chose the 300kg spring pack, it should be much better when loaded up. Very happy with the efs gear as I have been in the past. Great value for money. Cost me about $1300 for the entire kit. I used Ironman front pins and shackles for the leaf packs though. Will be testing the kit properly in the next couple of weeks up at Cape York. Thanks for the comments guys.

ray they are still attached here. clear your cache and see if that fixes it

Latest posts

Back