just broke my fave thing on my d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stitched them up at work, Sick and tired lazy ba#$%rds can wind them down but not up. I fixed them up took the handle off :sarcastic:

Yea Krafty, i even held it for longer then 10 seconds, then it wont go down straight away after that, Almost takes 30 seconds and me pressing it down 40 times before it moves again!

I stitched them up at work, Sick and tired lazy ba#$%rds can wind them down but not up. I fixed them up took the handle off :sarcastic:

A hire company I used to work for made a policy of no smoking in the trucks, but typically as soon as any truck was out of site of the yard the durries got lit, management did as all good management does and had a knee jerk reaction which saw them remove all the cig lighters from the dashboards.

2 weeks after they did that there was a truck fire, a ciggie got thrown out the window and landed on one of the marquees we'd just pulled down. Management went off their nut when they found out it was a ciggie that caused the fire and rightly so I guess but the funniest thing was when the dickhead owner asked how it was we were smoking in the trucks with no ciggie lighters.

We made the news that day when we blocked off Punt Road at 4pm while all those wonderful commuters trying to get home from work got stuck behind fire trucks and coppers :big_smile:

Yea Krafty, i even held it for longer then 10 seconds, then it wont go down straight away after that, Almost takes 30 seconds and me pressing it down 40 times before it moves again!

What model have you got mike? I'm not sure I've heard to many 2010 and later talk about the auto feature, maybe they have turned it off completely.

I don't really know if holding it too long should cause any issues but I guess it kind of makes sense that it does. I know when I did mine down and hold for 5, up and hold for 5 was enough to reset it but others have suggested up to 10, not sure if anyones tried it for longer though.

Took a STX 550 for a test drive the other week and it still had the auto feature.
Auto down was on but not auto up. I fixed that :rock:

They may have changed something with some of the 2010 vehicles?

Murph

Does auto down work? I'm not sure that auto down can be turned off in the same manner auto up is turned on but it seems weird that they have removed the feature. I guess it could be a Thai vs Spain thing but unless we hear from some other 2011 drivers we may never know.

I had a mate of mine try this before in his 2011 d40. He is coming back over Later and we will try again. he only held it up for 5 secs. Should he hold it for longer?

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

There was a guy in QLD a few years back who successfully sued both the pub and driver because he was pissed and walked in front of the car. It's a joke, the car didn't even have auto wind up windows :big_smile:

That's Gold Krafty...

Yeah nup, I did the 10 sec thing and the window control was spitn n startn n stopn.
Took the batt lead off then to fix that n back on, then did the 5 sec, ok maybe 6 and all good now.
Would love the windows to go up auto when I forget em n turn the key off.

In actual fact I think the original theory was 6 seconds so maybe you did it right john!

I'd love for them to keep going up when I take the keys out, I'm not worried about them going up because I took the keys out but if they are already on their way up why do they have to stop just because the key has been removed.

In actual fact I think the original theory was 6 seconds so maybe you did it right john!

I'd love for them to keep going up when I take the keys out, I'm not worried about them going up because I took the keys out but if they are already on their way up why do they have to stop just because the key has been removed.

It's probably something to do with the power. Perhaps the BCM needs to be rewired so the windows work from the same power source as the door locks.

I dunno what it is but my old mans crewman had a live circuit of some kind that allowed windows to be operated for something like 30 secs after the key was removed which also meant they continued going up if the key was removed.

It's probably something to do with the power. Perhaps the BCM needs to be rewired so the windows work from the same power source as the door locks.

Well If some clever dick sorts a solution for that I'd love it.
Dunno why I forget em, could be the billy lids squawkn that disAAAHHHtracts me.
Blame em anyhoo, they don't know any better.

longy509 said:
Hey Mike did u ever get that sortedn mine hasn't got the auto up either

Unfortunately not longy :(
Still have to hold it.
Even tired the rest method for way longer then suggested but no luck

Had a mate who bought a thai built D40 ST and could not get the auto up to work as it does on my STX no matter how many times we done the reset procedure. I may be wrong but am thinking that only the Spanish built STX has this feature while the Thai built ST does not.

my auto up/down feature decided to crap itself on the bruce highway whilst driving (!!), luckily i remembered this thread and fixed it just in time to avoid the truck carrying cattle.

bit of a worry though if the ecu was losing power whilst i was driving.

That is a bit of a worry, I can relate to the thing resetting if the ECU lost power but loosing power while driving is something I think I'd ask questions about.

Check battery terminal????
They can LOOK good and not get good contact.

Latest posts

Back