Kyle's D22 NAVARA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XKyleX

Reaction score
well i went out and purchased my first ever 4wd today, i 2006 D22 ST-R Navara.

bought it privately from a young woman fairly local to me.
quick run down on the car as follows

2006 D22

ZD30 115,000 KMS with log books from brand new up until last month (nov 2013)
Bull bar
canopy
rhino tray liner
Tow bar
GME UHF
Kill Switch
4 brand new Bridgestone Dueller AT's
rego till december next year.

very tidy car, interior is schmuck as, factory head unit still in place,

only got the carsales pics as i don't pick it up for 2 days

plans for the future are as follows:

set of Narva/lightforce HID driving lights
a KORR LED light bar
chuck a new headunit in the vehicle with bluetooth
new set of speakers (left over from my previous car)
a snorkel
diff breathers
2inch lift
some 15x8 0 offset wheels
undecided on the tyres
would love a XROX front bar
exhaust and dump pipe

service it every 5000km and do the little odds and ends like EGR mod etc

keep posted as photos will be coming up very shortly! :shotgun:

bought a few bits and pieces today for a car i haven't even picked up!!

kenwood bluetooth headunit kdcu556bt
Narva ultima 225 blue - driving lights
Korr 60w LED light bar!

get some shots happening very soon lads

still have been a slacker and haven't got any photos, loving driving the car around, 3 weeks time a mate and i are taking the girls out for some camping, so it will be the first test of how it goes off road!

went up to Port Stephens with the misses for a long weekend….took the nav out for a really quick run down Big Rocky Track…which has a 2wd track then turns into a 4wd track, it is mainly all sand, pretty easy run, didn't have to let any air out of the tyres, just HI 4 and drove through it but it was the first off roaring i have done with the nab and had a blast..

couple of pics i snapped really quickly…

and so they have begun!

got my Narva Ultima 225 blue's installed today by our fitter at work, got a the KORR LED bar wired and ready to go, just have to source some brackets for it.

also got a Kenwood Single din bluetooth unit installed and a set of Hertz Hi energy Splits for the tunes (i pulled em out of my last car before i sold it)

also booked in to have a snorkel installed friday but i think i have to reschedule as I'm planning on going for a shot at my property.

and so they have begun! http://s146.photobucket.com/user/ky...81316265581_1045546202_n_zps48ea7df4.jpg.html got my Narva Ultima 225 blue's installed today by our fitter at work, got a the KORR LED bar wired and ready to go, just have to source some brackets for it. also got a Kenwood Single din bluetooth unit installed and a set of Hertz Hi energy Splits for the tunes (i pulled em out of my last car before i sold it) also booked in to have a snorkel installed friday but i think i have to reschedule as I'm planning on going for a shot at my property.

They are good bang for buck those lights I knew a few people with them and they are happy.. The snorkel is the best things you can do to any car worth every cent in my opinion

Snorkel is getting done on thursday arvo. Safari snorkel installed by macarthur 4wd.

Led bar should be on this week.

plans for the future are as follows:

some 15x8 0 offset wheels

Nice purchase mate, Yours looks a nice clean ute.
Have a search on here about fitting 15 inch rims and brake caliper clearance, there was a few posts about it a fair while ago, never followed it closely because i,m happy with 16,s but i thought there were issues

Congrats on the purchase, there are many mods you can do. I have previously run 15 inch sunnies on mine so you are able to run them but unsure of alloys same size. If you do a 2 inch body lift and wind the torsion bars up you will fit 32 inch tyres easily, 33 with limited flex on full lock. Body lifts are able to be engineered in qld with alloy blocks and 8.8 bolts. Scotts rods in ipswich do a sweet exhaust for a reasonable price, unsure of freight though. Do a catch can and the egr mod you will be plenty happy, and think about an intercooler too, I know of a turbo going in a nav and it wasnt pretty, intercoolers help stop fan blades going into intakes, plus the benefit of lower egt and running temps too.

Good luck with all

well went out to Gardens of Stone National Park and Turon Gates over the weekend, seen the lost city and Glow Worm Tunnel, had a absolute blast, ill chuck some pics up real soon,

the Nav went everywhere that the X2 Lifted Tritons and 1X BT50 went, was great fun doing Baal Bone Gap think I did alright considering it was my first go at it!

Congrats on the purchase, there are many mods you can do. I have previously run 15 inch sunnies on mine so you are able to run them but unsure of alloys same size. If you do a 2 inch body lift and wind the torsion bars up you will fit 32 inch tyres easily, 33 with limited flex on full lock. Body lifts are able to be engineered in qld with alloy blocks and 8.8 bolts. Scotts rods in ipswich do a sweet exhaust for a reasonable price, unsure of freight though. Do a catch can and the egr mod you will be plenty happy, and think about an intercooler too, I know of a turbo going in a nav and it wasnt pretty, intercoolers help stop fan blades going into intakes, plus the benefit of lower egt and running temps too.

Good luck with all

Got my EGR plate coming, and looking at catch cans as we speak.

and considering the forefront industries FMIC

i have a EGR blank plate in the mail and some brown davis underbody protection ordered swell…

then catch can after that

i gotta say i was extremely happy with how the stock nav performed. had plenty of grunt down low to pull me out of mud and up big hills…. ill get some vids up

Back