Kyle's D22 NAVARA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger exhaust makes them even better down low. 2.5 inch on mine works well.

yeh its definitely on the list of upcoming mods along with about 1000 other things hhaha

did get roof racks and shovel holder on….

ok EGR is done, tbh i don't notice too much of a difference with this, but happy to not be letting all that crap build up in the inlet… no difference at all wether i have the brown/red connector plugged in or not….anyone comment on this??

bought myself a waeco and Arkpak with 80Ah battery for it….should be great as I'm heading out on a hunting trip to wanaaring in march, should keep the meat frozen!

the only dramas I'm having is deciding how to mount all this new gear, i don't have storage drawers yet, but I'm looking at a few designs…

i want to try and keep the weight evenly distributed, at the momemn I'm thinking about putting the waeco is on the drivers side at the back of the tray (no fridge slide just yet) and the Arkpak at the back of the tub on the drivers side (As thats where i have my 12v port in the tub), i have to try and figure out where to put my 20L water jerry and 20L diesel jerry though… don't know if i should stick them at the back of the tub on the passenger side with some jerry can holders mounted in there… that would leave the back of the tub on the passenger and middle side fee for other essentials and gear…

any ideas?

nice build mate, coming along well!

with the storage drawer designs you are looking at - do any of them cater for fuel/water jerry's between the wheel arches and tailgate? one on each side? i've seen that done before, is a good use of that space.

also (and i could be wrong here) it looks like your canopy has sliding windows on the right side and an opening window on the left - might be an idea to put the fridge on that side for quick access if you cant get to the back.

yeah sliding window on the drivers lift up on the passenger, might have to put the fridge on the passenger which means installing another 12v port on that side of the tub....something to look into for sure...

still undecided on the storage system, they are pretty expensive bit of kit...

deffinetly putting the jerry cans between the tail gate and rear wheel tubs, or do you think that's too much weight over the back of the rear wheels?

I kept two extra batteries against the front of the tub, 4 extra jerry cans sit just in front of the batteries when I go remote .
Its a pain to get at the jerry cans when you need them but Id prefer it to all that weight overhanging the rear wheels, especially on coagulated road.

I secured mine just above the filler in the tub against the front of the tub, no problems there only that you still have to lift them a bit to syphon properly, other then that you dont really notice them there, well i dont and i always have 2 full cans ready to go.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=21661

yeah might look into doing what you did onemofo, mount the jerry cans on the the passenger side rear, that way I can access them from the lift up side of the canopy, and have the arkpak and second battery on the right hand side rear, even the weight out that way a little bit...

I still have to get the jerry can holders yet and waitin gon the arkpak mounting kit to come into stock at work.

im going hunting in march so I want it all sorted before then. have to get a wriggle on seeing as im taking the missus to gold coast next week....

I have to say mate your car when you got it was still new i just happened to see your thread the previous owner must of used it for church and groceries but look after it and 500k can be achieved that model was the last of the goodies enjoy.

haha happy john, it was a women owner a nurse actually…

yeah it was gardens of stone (lost city)

going down Yalwal in a few weeks, no idea where but a few mates are going, should be good!

not much beenhappening, ive been up on the gold coast on holidays, as the nav sat there, I head out west to Wanaaring in 3 weeks on a week long hunting trip, should be a good go for the nav, just picked a ryco service kit up and 10L of Penrite HPRD5 to put in and service the girl before we take her, also taking spare fuel and air filters, spares belts and rad cap, anything else I should be taking as a just incase...

keep in mind ive got all the normal recovery gear, compressors, and tyre repair stuff

finally picked up my brown davis bash plates, and ordered my ARB beaver panel for my rear bar removal, also painted my wheels in VHT wheel paint - satin black, actually liked the outcome, i will get some pics up as soon as i can.

What did the Brown Davis cost you?? iv been looking for a plate but some of the prices they have been asking is mental to say the least, especially after full kits were selling for a couple hundered on ebay.

so got rid of the sidesteps the other day, imo looks so much better and gives a little more clearance, old man and myself are gonna make some sliders for it in the long run.

ill have to get some pics up. going out west hunting next saturday for a week, so i should get some great shots out there

unfortunately the trip wasn't super smooth for the navara, i split a radiator just outside of Barrigun on the NSW/QLD border, then put a sharp rock through the side wall of my bridgestone dueller, then on the way back picked up some shit diesel and had to constant get out and open the drain valve on the fuel filter when the light came on in the dash….

car is booked in for OME lift this week….

also replaced my busted Dueler A/T tyre….

having BIG dramas trying to get the oil filter housing off….any tips or tricks?

OME lift, has been delayed until the start of next month due to Old man emu not having any Leaf packs in stock and waiting on delivery…

with any luck i should be getting a few more pics up soon

Back