Landcruiser Mountain Park weekend trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno91

Reaction score
Hey all

This weekend my cousin and I will be camping overnight at LCMP, since it's just for one nighy we're only bringing the bare essentials and roughing it, should be good fun. My cousin drives an 07 ranger, I'll be interested to see how his stock suspension goes.

Can anyone clarify that there are different difficulty tracks and if anyone can recommend a good camping spot? We definitely don't want to roll ourcars so will stick to the easier stuff.

I'll be filming on my GoPro and taking a few shots which I will upload late Sunday hopefully, cheers!

When you register there they will give you a map that has all tracks marked easy to hard. As for camping there I always did it down at the big bum trees, Cant remember what the place is actually called but its the wester side of the park.

Best of luck there missus has banned me to go there anymore as it normally costs me a pannel or two on all my old cars.

Plenty of fun tracks mate. Don't be afraid to give some of the harder tracks a go in the nav. I went a few weekends back with 5 patrols and a hilux. Kept up with them for 90% of the stuff and had a ball. We stayed right next to the falls and it was nice, but if I was to do it again I would go deeper into the park and be a lot more self sufficient etc.

Well had a great first trip to LCMP, took some yellow trails with some steep climbs.. great fun I'd recommend it to anyone in the Brisbane region, check out my shots

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 71
  • GOPR0007.jpg
    GOPR0007.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20130727_123417.jpg
    20130727_123417.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 91
Video coming shortly

Attachments

• 20130727_162823.jpg
    20130727_162823.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20130727_122749.jpg
    20130727_122749.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0273 (3).jpg
    IMG_0273 (3).jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0273-001.jpg
    IMG_0273-001.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0273 (2).jpg
    IMG_0273 (2).jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Did you give Telecom Hill a go mate?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hyaQyLttnQ&list=TLE2wv7DFaGKo[/yt]

Did you give Telecom Hill a go mate?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hyaQyLttnQ&list=TLE2wv7DFaGKo[/yt]

Nah mate I drove past it about 6 times LOL, we were a bit intimidated by it but after doing some damn steep bouncy climbs I think I'm ready to tackle Telecom on the next trip for sure!

Jason

Telecom has changed completely from that footage you showed. I did it about a month ago and it has a pretty decent step right at the start. Plus its got some nice washouts all the way through it.

Rusty

Yeah mine was quite a while ago, that first bit was solid rock when I was there, not sure how much it could change?

I took it at an angle another time I did it, wasn't that smart ha ha.

I like LCMP. We stick to the green tracks with no off road assisting mods (just AT tyres). Even thought it might be a bit steep climbing north after crossing the Brisbane river the 2nd time on a green track. We camped just south of the ARB training area, not far from the entrance really. No facilities, but we had a great private spot and sunset :)

Yeah mine was quite a while ago, that first bit was solid rock when I was there, not sure how much it could change?

I took it at an angle another time I did it, wasn't that smart ha ha.

By the looks its changed a fair bit. The first bit is still rock but it has big step up as your first obstacle. I'm hoping to get some footage of my rig from lcmp soon. Keep harassing the photographer hehe

Latest posts

Back