LED light bar wiring!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
Just wondering if I should use a relay when wiring up my LED bar??

Cheers
Joel

Then in that case I would say dont worry about it, but thats just me.

I just wanted to check as a Light bar can be anything from a little 4" bar upto a 50" bar and a 50" fill draw a fir bit, not as much as Halogen lights but it will still suck some juice.

Yep, more to isolate it from the rest of the system than because of the current it draws.

Can any one supply a wiring diagram to so the best way to wire up spot lights plus a 22" led light bar running from high beam. The other thing is I want to be able to switch between spot lights or led light bar depending on location.

Hi all

Instead of opening yet another wiring thread for light bars I'm gonna use this one. I am soon to order my led light bar. It's a 20" 100w Aurora Single Row bar. It a coming with a wiring harness in the kit and I wish to change it up a bit. I want to put it on a 3-way switch. On(high beam)-off-on(anytime) would be the sequence in which I would want it done. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this?

I'll also be installing a small 10" bar in the winch area as a little extra light. Probably use the same configuration.

Rusty

Hi all

Instead of opening yet another wiring thread for light bars I'm gonna use this one. I am soon to order my led light bar. It's a 20" 100w Aurora Single Row bar. It a coming with a wiring harness in the kit and I wish to change it up a bit. I want to put it on a 3-way switch. On(high beam)-off-on(anytime) would be the sequence in which I would want it done. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this?

I'll also be installing a small 10" bar in the winch area as a little extra light. Probably use the same configuration.

Rusty
Pretty simple. On the highbeam side, just tap into the trigger wire under the dash. Sorry, not sure what colour, but light blue springs to mind. As for the other trigger wire, depends if you want it to be able to be turned on with the ignition on or not. Then run the middle pin from the switch to pin 86 on a relay. Fused input from the battery to pin 87, earth to pin 85 and light bar to pin 30. Hope that helps a bit...

I have relays on all my lights simply for circuit isolation.If your using the headlight circuit as the trigger voltage then you dont want to be adding another 10 to 20 amps to the headlight circuit.
That being said 2 of my light bars draw on or about the 20Amp mark. Just because they are LED doesnt mean they wont draw heavy current.
Main single row bar 220 watts and smaller dual row 240 watts so divide the watts by the voltage and 240 watts = 20 amps

Last edited:
Hi all Instead of opening yet another wiring thread for light bars I'm gonna use this one. I am soon to order my led light bar. It's a 20" 100w Aurora Single Row bar. It a coming with a wiring harness in the kit and I wish to change it up a bit. I want to put it on a 3-way switch. On(high beam)-off-on(anytime) would be the sequence in which I would want it done. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? I'll also be installing a small 10" bar in the winch area as a little extra light. Probably use the same configuration. Rusty

Rusty,

Navmania

Put a thread up a while ago with all different wiring diagrams.

Have a search for that or he may see this post and jump in.

It was very useful information,he provided diagrams and everything.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Rusty, Navmania Put a thread up a while ago with all different wiring diagrams. Have a search for that or he may see this post and jump in. It was very useful information,he provided diagrams and everything. Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Hi Rusty.
Check in the D22 wiring section and the tread is titled wiring diagrams. Check them out and see if you can use on e of them. If there isn't one in there that suits your setup I can get some more info and draw something up for you.

My light bar runs of high beam and can also be used with just the packers on for setting up camp etc.
that diagram is in there and sounds like what you are after.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back