LED tail lights ?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drobbo2253

Reaction score
I'm going to put LED tail lights on my 12 D40 just want to know if I need any thing for the blinkers to slow them down to normal blinking speed or do I not have to worry about that issue

It'll probably barf on the indicators unless the LED replacements come with the additional load to compensate. Means it will still use the same power as an incandescent globe, it'll just last longer.

Just got some LED indicators and they seem alright light wise. The only problem I have is the right indicator goes crazy, but the left one works normally and flashes normally. Any ideas why the act different?

Faster flashing is usually a sign of a failed bulb, which changes the circuit resistance. I'd guess that either the LED bulb on the right has no extra load to cater for this, or there's a possible earthing issue with the tail lights (has happened before).

Just got some LED indicators and they seem alright light wise. The only problem I have is the right indicator goes crazy, but the left one works normally and flashes normally. Any ideas why the act different?

After i built my tray i fitted LED tail lights and have the same issue on the same side, (D22) so i purchased a new relay designed for LED`s though not fitted yet, iv now bought new bull bar LEDS replacments and will fit it all up on saturday and let you guys know how it turns out.

I had the same problem, both left & right blinking quickly. I read somewhere that because the led's draw a lot less current than standard bulb's the ecu thinks you have blown a globe so it will speed up the blinking to tell you to check your globes.
To compensate for this you need to install "Load Resistors"to each led, i got mine from sprints. Plenty on EBay if you can afford to wait. I Didn't want the attention from the police.

Last edited:
mine failed its roadworthy when i bought it cause the led's blinked to quick. so the guy i bought it off had to fit resistors

Its supposedly a design feature of cars that the flash rate will go nuts if a globe blows. Its so that the driver knows there is a problem.The dash in the D40 will also show if you have extra globes on the circuit such as a trailer connected.
I have played around with different combos but it always will come back to it needs the front and rear globe to be of standard type .LEDs can be connected such as the units in the bullbar etc without much issue and no difference in behaviour of the flasher

Led globes are brighter and last longer.I have leds in everything but indicators, too lazy to stuff around with load resistors etc .I just replaced globes with leds as they blew.
Led brake lights are documented as being much faster to let drivers following know your breaking hence many cars are now coming with leds instead of globes

Latest posts

Back