light bars and relays

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can actually get a relay big enough, try this one on eBay for just $25 plus shipping. This would let you isolate the winch completely via a switch in the cabin. Then you can use a momentary-on DPDT switch to replace the winch control and have that mounted in the cabin, so the only thing you need to go out for is to hook the car up and to survey the damage.

Also - the point re the light bar on the roof - completely agree that it should be separated. In my previous post, take pin 86 of the new relay, remove its connection to earth and instead connect that to a switch inside. The switch inside should have its other pole connected to earth. This isolates the light bar so that it can only come on when the other driving lights come on but can also be switched off individually.

Note: if you connect pin 85 of the original relay to pin 85 of the new relay, then you can have the light bar on without the driving lights too.

Old Tony if i just do what you said in the original post to hook two relays up together do i just do what you first said? I want the spot lights and led bar to run at same time off the switch i already have there for the spotties?

Cheers and beers

You can actually get a relay big enough, try this one on eBay for just $25 plus shipping. This would let you isolate the winch completely via a switch in the cabin. Then you can use a momentary-on DPDT switch to replace the winch control and have that mounted in the cabin, so the only thing you need to go out for is to hook the car up and to survey the damage.

Also - the point re the light bar on the roof - completely agree that it should be separated. In my previous post, take pin 86 of the new relay, remove its connection to earth and instead connect that to a switch inside. The switch inside should have its other pole connected to earth. This isolates the light bar so that it can only come on when the other driving lights come on but can also be switched off individually.

Note: if you connect pin 85 of the original relay to pin 85 of the new relay, then you can have the light bar on without the driving lights too.
Not a bad looking relay, but according to their description for "long life" it's only rated at 200a... not a bad price though, considering it's essentially the same as a basic redarc isolator without the electronics on it...

Old Tony if i just do what you said in the original post to hook two relays up together do i just do what you first said? I want the spot lights and led bar to run at same time off the switch i already have there for the spotties?

Cheers and beers

If you just want them all to work off the one switch then do the first one.

Your a champion mate. IM printing out every relay option you have described to me and putting them in my electrical terminal kit for future.

You really are a big help old Tony ����

So anyways i wired up new narva relays today. Did everything tony said and it is perfect. I also bolted my winch solenoid to the battery tray while i had the battery out. Next step is to wire my winch back up. Thanks again guys for your help ����������

Back