lights on but no one home

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resto

Reaction score
Hi i got a 2003 STR and quite often accidently leave my headlights on (driving in fog to work, forget to turn them off when i get there.)
So was thinking of changing the power source, from battery to an ignition source. but would this affect the hazzard lights as they would need to be on a battery source?
Is there a better option?

Why not just install a buzzer that alerts you that your lights are still on after you have removed your keys from the ignition?

I have this same problem, So i have wired a relay inline with the power wires from the stalk to the lights them selves and have the trigger to be accessories power so they are also off when cranking for maximum power.

Saitek has the solution I'd choose. My D40 has a buzzer but the relay makes it truly set-and-forget.

Only problem is the parkers - they still draw a reasonable amount of power. Change your parker/brake globes over to LED and the problem's gone.

Install daytime running lights - no need for headlights during the day again.

I used to do that all the time, lol. So i went to autoone to grab a couple of relays and a buzzer and was gonna give saitek's idea a go, but while i was there i found a little thing narva make. Its the same size as a relay, but has a buzzer built into it. You just tap into your headlight wire, and your door trigger wire and your done. You can also tap into your igniton wire so that it doesn't go off when you have the ignition on, but i didnt bother. Easy as!

Hi all thanks for the info, ill look into the installing a relay on the weekend. i Have been meaning to do something about it for a while but never sure the best way to do it. Pretty surei still have a few relays here somewhere.
Cheers Adam.

locate an accessories line (like from the radio, or lighter), and the line form your stalk that controls the headlights.
Wire in a relay that will only allow you headlights to turn on while the those things are on. they are all signal wires so low current, should work a treat.

Back