LIKE IT? or HATE IT?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
Saw this at Mossvale Nissan today, thought i would see what everyone thinks.

I was told the car yard got it painted to put on the lot.
Oh yeah, and its brand new.
fb19b698.jpg
[/IMG]
d12b1e5c.jpg
[/IMG]
93357472.jpg
[/IMG]
2a8d1d16.jpg
[/IMG]

G'day Nath, nice ute but i don't like how the snorkel interupts the wheel arch/flare. After spending mega dollars for it would you want to take it out and put bush striping on it.

Dont like it.
It has 22's,and a bullbar and snorkle,WTF?
Mixed 2 styles,failed at both.

yeah the whole ute is a little bit of a contradiction, winch bar, snorkel then 22" rims 40 profile tyres and a fake scoop.
When i first saw it, i didnt mind the colour but im not sure about that either anymore.
Its definitely different anyway.

I don't like.

The whole story seems a bit odd. Why would they paint it & put the other shit on it with no hope of recovering the cost? Some sort of promotional vehicle perhaps? Then park it around the back? :confused:

Wonder how likely it is that it was stripped for the paint job. Be interesting to see under the bonnet.

I reckon they might not be telling the full story.

i like the colour , it would look ok if you got rid of those wheels and put some black sunnies and muddies on it.

I reckon someone did that with one hand, and the other one under the desk.

You could easily take off the rims, but what the hell is it with that bonnet scoop? You'd go wading into the water only to have it dump straight onto the top of your motor - including your turbocharger - and blow the thing to bits. We recently did a water crossing with the water coming onto the bonnet and there's no way a wading bra would have helped.

The colour isn't bad. Can't tell if they used an RX or an ST for it, both have the little indicator lights on the guard instead of in the mirrors. The RX doesn't have colour-matched door handles but they're easy enough to change, so it could be either.

Would have been a real pity to have abused an STX or STX550 like that.

I don't like.

The whole story seems a bit odd. Why would they paint it & put the other shit on it with no hope of recovering the cost? Some sort of promotional vehicle perhaps? Then park it around the back? :confused:

Wonder how likely it is that it was stripped for the paint job. Be interesting to see under the bonnet.

I reckon they might not be telling the full story.

Joe, they say it only just come back from the paint shop and it was parked out the front of the yard in the customer parking, apparently it needs to be cleaned up and put on the lot.

I reckon someone did that with one hand, and the other one under the desk.

You could easily take off the rims, but what the hell is it with that bonnet scoop? You'd go wading into the water only to have it dump straight onto the top of your motor - including your turbocharger - and blow the thing to bits. We recently did a water crossing with the water coming onto the bonnet and there's no way a wading bra would have helped.

The colour isn't bad. Can't tell if they used an RX or an ST for it, both have the little indicator lights on the guard instead of in the mirrors. The RX doesn't have colour-matched door handles but they're easy enough to change, so it could be either.

Would have been a real pity to have abused an STX or STX550 like that.

Tony, im pretty sure it was a ST from looking at the steering wheel controls ect, BUT it had no badging at all.

As for the scoop it is a stick on job, NO hole cut in the bonnet, 100% fake.
BUT the water crossing could still be a real hazard, the thing would get pulled of by water filling it up then peeling it off, not to mention doing a water crossing with 22'' rims with 40's hahaha :rofl2:

I think it's Very Suspect ! Likely a repairable right off. Flood damage !
I Imagine that every panel needed minor work so they paint the whole thing so that there is no worries colour matching .
And Nothin out of the ordinary for dealers to have Bling Bling wheels put on
But then again .
They may have just desided to spend $10,000 dollars on a car to make it look slightly differant to a standard one ???

yeah it is strange, i have no idea why they would do that. The only thing i could come up with was that it is last years model that they were having trouble getting rid of and it ended up getting some panel damage, so off it went to the paint shop.

I do remember seeing a RX in there a while back with that scoop and those rims, BUT that one is a ST from the look of some of the trim, like steering wheel ect.

Im not sure you would ever get a straight answer from them either.

If you were inclined to lower it, it would look ok with the kit that's on it. I like the colour but it's not for me at all

I think if it was lower i wouldnt want the snorkel or the winch bar... BUT i would never want a 4WD lowered with rims like that in the first place.
I think i would understand it a little more if it was a 2wd

That's even better than the pink one I always wanted. For sure the rims would come off but the colour is good.

Nah bit rich for me, had a mate with a car painted a similar purple to that, green is definitely better.

Back