Loss of dash and engine stopped - 2012 V6 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beergutz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I was driving and I lost all dash illumination and the engine turned itself off. It was luck I could pull over safely. The radio stayed on but no dash illumination what so ever. It was like someone reached in and turn off the ignition. So I turned of and then restarted the Nav no problems. No CEL indication on dash so I'm guessing no fault code generated. It drove fine for the rest of the day and I'm hoping its a 1 off. Has anyone ever had this issue??? I was thinking about taking it to Nissan but from previous experience with them with my old limp mode issues on my old 07 STX they will just say that they can't fault the vehicle. Once again all help much appreciate.

Wow!! Interesting one..bumpy road at all? Thinking loose wiring..but with the radio still working mabee not..did the warning lights on the dash come on?

Were you towing a trailer at the time ?

The dash lights and tail lights work off the same circuit, I've had a trailer cause problems with both, but that just blew the fuse. Maybe you had some electrical fault ?

Would definitely check battery terminals are tight!

This happened on a main road doing 80km per hour. Dash completely blank but radio remained on. No check engine light. Not towing at the time. Im praying its nothing major even though im still under warranty. Thinking im going to extend the warranty before its 3 yrs is up. I was told by the dealer this can be done by paying an extra $1,500 as long as you have 1 x day left on your existing factory warranty. Im an electrician by trade and im thinking something like a solder joint may be loosening or the computer had a 1 off hissy fit. Im hoping for the latter.

Thinking about it some more, It's got to be a loose connection somewhere. It sounds like the feed to the dash and the feed to the ECU loses power momentarily.

It's probably going to be a loose connector somewhere. If you can find a wiring diagram, it would be worth seeing if the dash and ecu share a connector somewhere.

You could probably run it and start yanking the wire harness inder the dash and thru the engine bay...nothing too voilent just a good wiggle..see what happens

I wonder if it's similar to the YD25 D40's poor ECU earth. It's located on the sidewall of the engine bay ... has been the bane of some D40 owners' existence at times, and bloody hard to figure out. Apparently some of them didn't have the paint removed before installing the earth, so the electrical contact point was small to begin with.

Your SCV was the first I'd seen up close, but the experience helped to diagnose so many others.

Fingers crossed it's something easy this time. Also watch the stereo/instrument earth.

Latest posts

Back