MCC Rear Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09 STR

Reaction score
Ok so it appears i'm in the market for a new rear bar as the missus backed ours into a mazda 3. An absolutely nothing hit barely a mark on our bar except for where it flexed and hit the quarter panel then sprung back into shape managing a decent dent and munting the plastic step on the top of the bar.
Anyhoo i've seen this on every single nav that comes into work for a quote and have come to the dicision that something more heavy duty is the only way to stop it from happening again. I've looked at the arb and tjm offerings and i'm not fully convinced that I like the look of either of them.
I do however like a couple of the MCC bars. Has anyone got one and do they actually do them for the long tubs?

The ones I was looking at were the 4x4 rocker bar and the 4x4 jack bar.

Last edited:
First things first. The TJM Bar doesny fit anything 09 onwards. So no long tub models. Arb don't have any supports for the tube so it still flexes allowing it to bend into your tub denting it again. I have seen the mcc rear bars and they are well built. Last time.o enquired about the mcc gear they still hadn't done any long tub stuff. They should of now cause that's was over 12months ago. If you find any info let me know

First things first. The TJM Bar doesny fit anything 09 onwards. So no long tub models. Arb don't have any supports for the tube so it still flexes allowing it to bend into your tub denting it again. I have seen the mcc rear bars and they are well built. Last time.o enquired about the mcc gear they still hadn't done any long tub stuff. They should of now cause that's was over 12months ago. If you find any info let me know

I don't really like the look of the tjm and arb offerings. To me I don't really like the infill panel. The mcc bars have a bit of shape about them. The only downside they may have is they look like they might sit a little lower than the others with the way the tow bar and number plate is positioned. No worse than what the standard bar would be though. Mine doesn't too too much real 4x4ing so it shouldn't be an issue. Really only going the aftermarket way to protect the rear quarters more than anything else cause the standard bar is weak as piss!

I would honestly pick a mcc bar over the tjm. I don't like the arb unit. The infill panel doesn't bother me as I would get a new one made up from the wife's work outta alloy as I have a bodylift. Someone has a mcc rear bar on there d22 use the search function and try find it. It sat quite nice and fitted briliiantly. I want mine to protect the tub quarters as they are already dinted from cape trip. They made the rear bar from coke cans I think

Hi I have a rocker rear bar on my 2012 d22 here's some pics

Attachments

• image-1328269831.jpg
    image-1328269831.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 959
  • image-2020244608.jpg
    image-2020244608.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,440
Nothing wrong with the MCC but I committed myself to keep my business to Australian manufacturing companies as much as I can.
Based on that I'd go Scotty Bobcat, Kaymar or ARB.

These are awesome bars. Very strong I took a hit from a 80 landcrusier didn't even leave a mark. The 80s ARB bullbar has a big dent.

image-1688203079.jpg

image-2526512846.jpg

These are awesome bars. Very strong I took a hit from a 80 landcrusier didn't even leave a mark. The 80s ARB bullbar has a big dent.

View attachment 9775

View attachment 9774

Glen,

Any chance you could do a favor and post some pictures of the mounting etc, I am starting to think I will just buy one of these bars from OL instead of building one.

Thanks

The jack bar mounts with ease, bolts straight on by far the most simplest mod I've done.
In the second pic you can see a strengthening plate I have made to run inside the chassis rail. The bar is very strong the chassis is not, this 5mm plate stops the bar from bending the chassis rail. One day nissan might take note of this LOL

image-1324629210.jpg

image-388879478.jpg

image-260024449.jpg

These bars look the goods but one thing that concerned me was the effect on departure angle. From those pics it looks like the Towbar still hangs down a fair bit (like I previous had). I wanted a Rear Bar that incorporated a Tow Hitch in it. I ended up getting the TJM one which has the tow hitch built in the bar. With doing this, it increase my clearance at the rear by 125mm roughly, which suited me fine. I got my TJM bar for the old price so I'm happy with that

Hey Rusty,

The arb Rear step tow bar tubes are now bolted to the chassis so they can handle a hit, i have dropped down on mine a few times now and havent bent it

1 jack bar ordered. 4 week wait though. would have loved to have gone for the rocker bar but the wife pulled the handbrake on that idea.

Got mine ordered direct from mcc. I'm pretty sure it came under 1g including freight which is somewhere between 250 and 300 on its own. I also got a 15% trade discount. I'll confirm exactly how much when it arrives.

Latest posts

Back