Mechanical front lokka issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing with d22s is when you have it in 2wd with the hubs unlocked the front diff/drive shaft/cv's are doing nothing so the steering won't change. You will only notice it there when the hubs are locked. D40s on the other hand have permanent front hubs so the front diff is turning over even when the car is in 2wd, that's why the steering feels different

That's what I was trying to say.
Got in just before me bods

Roger that Charlie.

I keep forgetting some people have the luxury of 'locking' hubs.

Shit hot, thanks guys. All makes sense. Pretty much sold on the lokka, just cant justify the extra 1000 or so bucks for the new e locker when it comes out. Lokka is on the to do list. New UCA this week along with idler arm, torsions and few other things, then the lokka.

Pete

I think you're doing the right thing Pete. The CV are'nt the strongest but fitting a lokka will help keep them in one peice. The lokka fitment itself removes the internal planetary gears of the diff itself and the lokka components are as strong as an ox. So really, you can't go wrong and lets face it the offroad ability is doubled and that's going to put a grin on your face like a cheshire cat.
You'll love it. Plus save a grand over other difflock options. A dollar saved is a dollar in the bank. Unless like me, you buy another bottle of scotch.

Foxy

I think you're doing the right thing Pete. The CV are'nt the strongest but fitting a lokka will help keep them in one peice. The lokka fitment itself removes the internal planetary gears of the diff itself and the lokka components are as strong as an ox. So really, you can't go wrong and lets face it the offroad ability is doubled and that's going to put a grin on your face like a cheshire cat.
You'll love it. Plus save a grand over other difflock options. A dollar saved is a dollar in the bank. Unless like me, you buy another bottle of scotch.

Foxy

Yeah should be good to be able to crawl up hills i would normally need to build up and floor it up. Was really considering selling the nav for a patrol. But with my budget i was looking at the gq's or petrol Gu. Mate who has a 4.2 GU convinced me to stick with the Nav. Think its impressed him with how its kept up to the patrols even now (Kept up but only just..lol). So the suspension is getting worked over, lokka, and few other things. Should be good.

Pete

The thing im most interested in is how it preforms in mud cause i enjoy the old mud slinging here and there just not climbing hills doest it work the same way or is it harder to turn in mud when u got deep muddy ruts ?

Deep mud is one place an auto locker can be a disadvantage. Less steering and more digging. Just remember everything comes at a cost and with the auto locker you CANT turn it off.

Love mine and would do it again, unless I had the $1500 to spare for a manual locker.

I love mine, helps a lot when you wind up the torsion bars and lose all the down travel in the front suspension. The only place I didn't like it much is going down steep hills, but other than that it is excellent.

I love mine, helps a lot when you wind up the torsion bars and lose all the down travel in the front suspension. The only place I didn't like it much is going down steep hills, but other than that it is excellent.

Whats it do when going down steep hills

ourd40 said:
I had mine fitted before i went to Moreton Island and it was good in the sand,

Didn't feel too stiff in the steering when turning and on the gas???

Didn't feel too stiff in the steering when turning and on the gas???

Yes and no, you can feel it want to return to centre alot faster so you need a better grip on the wheel and in the faster tracks you need to be a little cautious on bends as its wants to go straight but on dirt tracks its ok

I'm happy with that... I like the idea of not worrying about turning it on, an air leak or a broken wire.
I'd go e locker over air. But can't justify either amounts.
Auto locker sounds perfect for me

What's the price of the Lokka, and where do we buy it?

I'm looking forward to not only crawling up obstacles I currently have to gas it up, but more importantly is getting over the obstacles that I just can't do without a Lokka. Trust me, I've tried!!!

Latest posts

Back