Merimbula

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
what is everyone doing over Christmas break? I know its a bit early to deside from know but I did want to miss out like last year so I got in early to make sure. My wife and I are going Merimbula for 4 night and was woundering what is there to do. has anyone been there or lives there so they can give me some idea what there is to do as its our first time there? and advice
cheers

Haycocks pt & Green Cape are well worth a look,the forest drive & beach sth of the Wonbyn river outlet is great,also many National parks inland.Hugh

TUFFD40 we were going to go there too but we found accommodation in Merimbula at the big4. what is there to do in Eden? if you like and can we should mate up some where and go for a drive in a National park.

Hey wes570, sounds bloody awesome! we originally tried to go Merimbula to be honest but was completely booked out... we are starting at Eden and stoping along baitmans bay, jervis bay on our way to Sydney so looking forward to it, drive in the national park sounds cool to me! :D

Good spot there. We stay with family in pambula a lot.

Eden has the whale museum, your not too far to go to malacoota for the day,
Or up near bermagui there's tilba a great town with a mean cheese factory
That area if your happy to cruse an hour or so up or down will offer a lot of things to do.

Head up to Wolumla Peak, just out of South Pambula towards Wyndham. It has fantastic 360 degree views of the Sapphire cost and surrounds.

There's a great go cart track at Frogs Hollow just before Bega, which is awesome, and in Merimbula there is a water park called Magic Mountain, and also an Aquarium.

I've been spending Xmas at Short Point Beach, Merimbula for the past 45 years or since I was one. I book now for 23 days each Xmas and relish the time I spend there with my family and friends. As a child I watched my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends and their families come together and enjoy themselves. Now we watch our kids roam around and do the same.

So If you are driving thru the caravan park at Short Point and see a suntanned bloke sitting in his chair out the front of his caravan knocking back ciggies and bundy cans whilst plowing thru his xmas reading, stop and say hello.

Ps, Caravan is on a corner site, big old viscount, yellow stripe and looks out to the ocean and thru to the pool!

I've been spending Xmas at Short Point Beach, Merimbula for the past 45 years or since I was one. I book now for 23 days each Xmas and relish the time I spend there with my family and friends. As a child I watched my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends and their families come together and enjoy themselves. Now we watch our kids roam around and do the same.

So If you are driving thru the caravan park at Short Point and see a suntanned bloke sitting in his chair out the front of his caravan knocking back ciggies and bundy cans whilst plowing thru his xmas reading, stop and say hello.

Ps, Caravan is on a corner site, big old viscount, yellow stripe and looks out to the ocean and thru to the pool!
we are staying at that one NRMA Merimbula Beach
Holiday Park im not sure if its the same one. but we are in a cabin though. so if I see you il stop and say hi. I drive a silver d22 and my name is steven. so if you see a silver d22 with a stanless canopy pull up that's me. if you see me stop and say hi.

Last edited:
is any one else staying or has stayed in the same caravan park? as I mentioned it our first time there.

Latest posts

Back