meryla 15th march

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Date Do You Want to Go To Meryla

• 22 Feb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Mar

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 8 Mar

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 15 Mar

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Glad to hear all went well with the surgery mate, all the best with your recovery.

I will catch up with you soon dude.

best regards,
Nath

Thanks mate recovery is a but slow than expected but getting there

Yeah catch up will be good

Can't believe I have to do this but I need to pull out of this one guys, because that inlet pipe of mine can't be replaced by Nissan(see tread under d40 section) they have said to day away from river, water or any crossings until it's replaced!

Let me know how the trip goes! I won't miss the next one!

Can't believe I have to do this but I need to pull out of this one guys, because that inlet pipe of mine can't be replaced by Nissan(see tread under d40 section) they have said to day away from river, water or any crossings until it's replaced!

Let me know how the trip goes! I won't miss the next one!

I can't make it this weekend guys! Found out
Today that my leave got rejected :( hopefully next time!!

We are, and Saturday I believe is the night.

Those who know the area would there be any issues collecting fire wood?

I've got a pair of axes and a bow saw in case we need to get through a fallen tree like last time, but I didn't bring my chain saw (and I'm not going back up to the other house to get it).

If we're in the actual Meryla State Forest then we're allowed to collect any timber that is on the ground. The rangers in the nearby National Park aren't forgiving.

The RFS website reports a low-moderate fire risk so campfires at this moment are permitted. There are no bushfires in the immediate vicinity, there are two to the south (far beyond where we'll trek to).

Weather ... they're expecting temps from 19 to 26C, light showers predicted for the coastal region.

So far, looking good.

yeah finding firewood wont be a problem at all guys.

I just want to remind you guys that the area really isnt that big, well not compared to lithgow ect, and the terrain in MOST part is very tame and can be done in a soft roader, but there are some great spots and lookouts to be found and if you get your self the paper topo map of "Bundanoon" from the Mittagong (or similar) tourist centre you will be able to find your way around and also follow Gunrock fire trail out to Red hill Trail you will end up on top of the Fitzroy Falls and its lookouts.
Also there are no deep river crossings only a few hub deep ones, maybe less with the lack of rain, and thats if you find them or choose to drive around a bridge or two.

sorry i cant make it to show you guys around but im sure you will find some good stuff and end up enjoying the area all the same, Actually probably more with out my annoying voice blabbering over the UHF all day.
Anyway enjoy guys, look forward to reading all about it.

Hey Sparra.

Are you bringing the Bully down this time aswell.
I might bring my girl along this time.

I wont be attending on this run
Hope to catch the next one
Even if it is in a lux or ranger or jeep

Latest posts

Back