Monster Rides ReKon Suspension for Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a kit or components for d22's Matt .?

Hey George,

At this stage we have no even looked at a D22.
So I'm sorry but realistically I wouldn't have anything for you anytime soon, even if we started tomorrow.

Apologies,
Matt

Hey Nick... Thanks Mate.

How is that bad boy monster D40 of yours going?

Turning heads?

How do you find the Mud Grapplers?

Cheers
Matt

Yeah going hard bro:)

gets that many looks its crazy, photos are appearing all over the net atm with random people just taking pics.

The grapplers are a mean tyre but they make a fair bit of noise hahaha

Nathan,

Fair play Mate... you have some firm opinions and thats fair enough.

From our end we are in the business of developing quality IFS systems for trucks that have maximum travel, good ride quality and quality components... we try to think outside the box a little.
We aren't just on here to make a quick buck from people and bullshit about things that we haven't developed properly yet.
As far as "bragging" about what we have... well maybe, but it's not really our style. We let the products do the talking and our business has grown form word of mouth and the feedback on forums like this.
There is no-where to hide in internet forum land... too many clever blokes like yourself who will spot the BS and mile away and call a spade a spade.

We take our time with our R&D and this means that we don't get our products to market as fast as others... but this isn't a big concern to us.

If we were all that worried about instant sales I would have finished our website months ago... and as guys who have bought form us will tell you return emails quicker and all that important sales stuff.

Until we have this Navara kit 100% sorted we will continue to work at it and post up developments as they come to hand.
As we have worked on it we have thought of different ways to do things and trialled a few of them with success, and failure as well.
It's all aprt of the fun of R&D.

We have developed a height adjustable front coilover that is good for 4" of lift and 3" of down travel, but it needs a UCA to make that happen.
In the meantime guys can buy the Stage 1 kit and get the benefits of up to a 3" lift and then add the UCA later (or buy anyone of the other companies UCA's available now) and use the extra lift if required.

As far as I know no one else in the local market offers a height adjustable coilover for the D40? It means you can have 50mm, 51mm, 55mm, 60mm, 75mm etc of lift... exactly the amount you wish to dial in.
And as the coil sags you can nip the lift up a touch to maintain your ride height. Other "static" lifts of 40mm or 50mm don't offer this so your lift will sag and you don't have a lot of options to solve it other then replacing the coil, or spacing the coil seats... both require the removal and re-working of the coilover. Expensive and time consuming.

Downtravel has not been compromised by the height, as our coilover doesn't top out on full droop. Notice how it's threaded all the way to the bottom of the strut, it doesn't even leave room for a sticker or branding!

There is more to buying a kit than travel, but that said it is very important on a IFS set up.

The D40 offers some specific design constraints and design challenges, but we think we have a pretty solid 4" kit pretty much sorted, but might be able to get some more out of it with a few extra tweaks for those blokes after more lift... all in good time and with plenty of testing still to come.

Everyone who has bought this kit of us so far is really happy with the flex and performance of the kit, as are we.

I honestly have no flex or droop photos other than those shown so far, as soon as I get some I'll post them up for you.

As an open forum it is great to get everyones opinion and throw ideas around.
I will agree to disagree with you on the points you raise on Swaybars and flex...
Again with all due respect I don't know your background, qualifications or expertise... but I can assure you that the team of guys at MR are really clever and astute suspension experts and as we have shown with the Hilux kit can deliver suspension kits that deliver lift, wheel travel, ride quality and performance not before seen in IFS vehicles.

We need a little more time to get this kit sorted then by all means critique it and pick it to pieces.
I'm pretty confident we will offer something new, unique and that will stand up to any comparison.

There is no bullshit with us, we offer a money back guarantee to anyone not happy with the kit... as well as a 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty on all the rest of our gear.

Time will tell Mate if we have something worthwhile to offer all you D40 guys, so far so good and I'm pumped to release the UCA's and get the most out of these trucks.

Cheers,
Matt

Wow!! all that for a response to whether you will get better flex with sway bars connected or disconnected...........

I wasnt bagging your warranty, R&D methods, time it takes to get things right before you release a product, the knowledge of your team, if you are the only ones to offer what you do, ect ect ect or any of the other things you mentioned in above post.

Does my background really matter??

after all weren't you an accountant?? or are an accountant??

Does over 25yrs of being involved with 4x4's count and over 25yrs of driving and owning all sorts of off road toys count??

At the end of the day no i dont have a business selling suspension, but this goes to show i have no axe to grind and have absolutely nothing to gain from telling it how i see it.

I wish you all the success in the world Mat, you seem to have a great business plan and you can definitely promote your gear very well (gift of the gab)
As i said i have nothing to gain by saying that 4x4's are better off with the sway bars disconnected WHEN OFF ROAD, simply due to the front being able to work independently without fighting against the sway bar.

I will get some pics this weekend while im away with and with out the sway bar, then tell me that it makes no difference.

Not being smart in any way, Can you also explain for me how using your struts can give you 4" of lift while not loosing down travel, without changing the upper or lower control arms??

Does the UCA not have a limited amount of travel, that even with no strut in at all the UCA only has a set amount of movement before it hits the coil bucket?? (due to its design ??)

Nice reply Matt

I have purachased gear off matt before for my lux and he knows his shit. Like he said he isn't here to bullshit anyone. These guys are honest and fair dudes. When producing kits they don't happen in 5 minutes, I'd rather them spend the extra time and know that the gear has been tried and tested before it hits the shelfs.

Keep up the good work boys!

Dont you now run calmini and tuff dog??

Ok no worries Matt jus 1 more question are you guys goin to produce anything in the future for d22's at all .?

Ok no worries Matt jus 1 more question are you guys goin to produce anything in the future for d22's at all .?

Im pretty sure monster rides only makes stuff for trucks with structs in them as he alluded to before in monster rides last post

Yeah see how i said in my lux referring to my HILUX :rofl2:

Yeah i did read that and thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious thats very clever of you.:rofl2:
my point was and looks like i will need to explain it for you is, If you were so extremely happy with your monster rides suspension why didnt you put it in the Navara???? :hmmmm2:After all it was available when you got your tuff dog stuff and before you got all the wrong stuff from superior.......:rofl2:

Yeah i did read that and thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious thats very clever of you.:rofl2:
my point was and looks like i will need to explain it for you is, If you were so extremely happy with your monster rides suspension why didnt you put it in the Navara???? :hmmmm2:After all it was available when you got your tuff dog stuff and before you got all the wrong stuff from superior.......:rofl2:

Sorry you said calmini , if you had said why are you running a tough dog instead of a rekon that would have been BLEEDING OBVIOUS
Because the height i wanted was 7" without the need for a body lift. Yes i could have used matts lift but i didn't have the extra couple of grand to go for the coilover setup yet. I will be when i need to swap them out though :)

Last edited:
Sorry you said calmini , if you had said why are you running a tough dog instead of a rekon that would have been BLEEDING OBVIOUS
Because the height i wanted was 7" without the need for a body lift. Yes i could have used matts lift but i didn't have the extra couple of grand to go for the coilover setup yet. I will be when i need to swap them out though :)

I didnt think the Monster ride coil overs were an "extra couple of grand" dearer then tuff dog, surley the difference between the two wasnt that much??????
but i guess you lost a bit of cash when YOU ordered all the wrong gear from superior engineering.:rofl2:

I didnt think the Monster ride coil overs were an "extra couple of grand" dearer then tuff dog, surley the difference between the two wasnt that much??????
but i guess you lost a bit of cash when YOU ordered all the wrong gear from superior engineering.:rofl2:

hahaha, well seeing as i got the tough dog lift for well under 2k its a fair bit more. And when you are spending around 7k on suspension it all starts to add up buddy. I ordered the suspension that i was told would fit.

Any ways this isnt the forum to have this conversation mate.

hahaha, well seeing as i got the tough dog lift for well under 2k its a fair bit more. And when you are spending around 7k on suspension it all starts to add up buddy. I ordered the suspension that i was told would fit.

Any ways this isnt the forum to have this conversation mate.

:confused3: WOW 7k on suspension....... a calmini 5"kit from the states is $1400 US and with coil overs is 2k and that is listed on there web site, here is a link to see for your self.

www. purenissan .com/new_page_12.htm

even if you add tuff dog kit which cost you well under 2k as you say you should be looking at less then $3400 plus some freight and fitting (if you dont want to do it your self or know how to)
so why did you pay 7k :dontknow:
Did you pay over $3500 to get it fitted?? :hmmmm2:

hahaha such an amateur

The kit from calmini is that hard to get from the usa. From what i have read guys don't even get replies to emails for over 3 months. No one had them in perth except one place. The guys from superior order them from cal and cal had none in stock either. To buy them in aus you are looking at 3500k plus fitting plus fitting to fit the tough dog lift....

Last edited:
hahaha such an amateur

The kit from calmini is that hard to get from the usa. From what i have read guys don't even get replies to emails for over 3 months. No one had them in perth except one place. The guys from superior order them from cal and cal had none in stock either. To buy them in aus you are looking at 3500k plus fitting plus fitting to fit the tough dog lift....

Is that so.??. then why did "boxy" get an email from that with in hrs of sending it to them and also two others on the forum, it was only a few weeks back and guys were getting emails sent back while still on here talking about it :rofl2:
Boxy also had them quote him on freight to the north of QLD so its no where near as hard as you make out. :sarcastic:

I guess after owning a nissan for two minutes and having a big lift makes you an expert so sorry your 55 post royal highness. and your truck looks good by the way. But i think i mentioned that in your brag thread oops i mean build thread hahahaha.

Talk about amateur, it was you that spent all that cash on all the wrong gear and had to loose all that cash, NOT ME you just never done your research and now your throwing money around thinking thats your only option. :rofl2:

hahahahaha

nice one :)
superior refunded me all the cash so all sweet there

well i suppose its only cash isn't it? at the end of the day i didn't have to wait for it to arrive and i got it done there and then.

Suppose when im your age and im still hanging around on internet forums being mr know it all ill probably have a young punk to burn on here to hahaha

You have had your day...probably time to throw the keyboard in an do something a little more useful with you last days don't you think? hahaha

Oh so you got all your money back i thought you said when you were bagging them that you were down for all the freight??

Yeah im getting old but im still able to see that you to hang around on forums too, and im that old i cant even get up too throw the key board away or do any thing more useful.
I just thort that i only have two options,,,,, come on here and be a know it all, or take up sex..... BUT my wife says im no good at sex so i guess the know it all it is:ha:

Oh so you got all your money back i thought you said when you were bagging them that you were down for all the freight??

Yeah im getting old but im still able to see that you to hang around on forums too, and im that old i cant even get up too throw the key board away or do any thing more useful.
I just thort that i only have two options,,,,, come on here and be a know it all, or take up sex..... BUT my wife says im no good at sex so i guess the know it all it is:ha:

My misso says the same to me about sex.
Something about "that's not it"? I never know what she's on about all I know is I always win the race.

My misso says the same to me about sex.
Something about "that's not it"? I never know what she's on about all I know is I always win the race.

:rofl2: Oh darn it was i meant to be racing?? so you mean i was doing that wrong as well?? shit i am old :cray:

Ahh thanks for the support and for the trying to be nice about my age, but i suppose i look good for 98 , but back when i was 91 i was a real tear away you should of seen me back in the day i would last atleast 20 or even 25 seconds after my wife would take her kit off but that did take her 30 minutes its not easy with arthritis and a new hip plus that zimermen is a real bugger.

Latest posts

Back