Muddies on D40's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick-J

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just wanting to clear up an issue my sister is having with her 06 D40 ST-X. She currently has worn BFG's on her Nav, decided she wants the same MTZ Baja 265/75/16's I have on my D22. She went down to get some and was told she can't have them (the bastard must of had bigger balls than me, I wouldn't tell her NO) because of load/speed ratings exceeding regs for the STX, insurance won't cover her, no legal chunky's have been made for them. It's an "06" WTF????? I know it's only a D40 but can anyone clear the legalities up for us so she will get off my back, I told her to buy a D22 no problem.....I almost ended up with a black eye...HELP.. Cheers, Mick.

Its a cloudy area these tyre size rules, I believe in Vic you can only increase tyre diameter by 15mm. So 265/75 would be too big.

You use to be able to go 50mm up for a commercial vehicle but I don't think thats applicable any more.

Best ring VicRoads to get the facts.

The load/speed rating mumbo jumbo doesnt seem correct at all.

Last edited:
Thanks 08Kingcab, I did mention Vicroads to her, but that opened another can of worms. I'll call them when I get back from work. Cheers.

Everyone is now meant to be playing by the NCOP ( National Code Of Practice) and in that yes you can increase by up to 50mm on all off road type vehicles. 15mm is for all cars etc.
265/75/R16 is still within the 50mm ruling

Back