MY 2012 D40 St

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV012

Reaction score
Hello all

So bought me a 2012 D40 6speed manual diesel duel cab
And over the next year or so I'm looking to upgrade/ bolt on a few things

Current upgrades I have performed

- Monster Rides coilovers + long travel shocks
- Adjustable rear shakels from 0.5"-2-1/2" set at 2-1/2"
- Neoprene front seat covers
- Led spotties in front bar
- 265/70/17 maxxis bravo 980 AT
- Tow bar
- Opposite Lock post type bullbar

Upgrades to come

- Herculiner D.I.Y tubliner roll on
- Underbody guards
- sliders/ steps
- MCC jack bar rear bar
- wetsuit seatcovers (Rear)
- Maybe some 285/65/R17 Federal Couragia mt

What it come with

-factory side steps

A pic of the rig :)

Spanish built rig

Any info on the above upgrades will be highly appreciated

So since May this year I have added
- Neoprene front seat covers
- 4" led superspot x 2
- MONSTER RIDES 2-4" Adjustable coilovers with long travel rear shocks
- 4X4PARTS adjustable lift rear shakels (0.5"- 2 1/8") set at 2 1/8 :)
Next Friday will have
- OPPOSITE Lock 3 loop bullbar
As she sits :)

Last edited:
If your handy with tools, don't get anything fitted for you. Take the weekend and have a crack your self you learn so much much about them.

For suspension look up zordos suspension he's a member here and does a great kit for a excellent price.

I would suggest looking at some sliders if you plan to go off-road. As the standard steps rant very strong.

Other then that patrol around here and find the threads with the little DIY mods here and there. Other then that it's all good mate welcome aboard

hi mate
the bull bars id go with that look the best on the nab in my opinion are the xrox or if you want more protection the tjm, from memory these to have the best approach angles.
the monster rides bar looks pretty good to similar to xrox but probably a bit stronger.
As for a tow bar id go the ARB or MCC jack bar.

Last edited:
Cheers buddy they hard to do( spray on liners ) and will they last throwing the 2 dirtbikes in the back, odd occasion once a year a load of wood?

They will handle that easily. As for being hard to do, it depends on your definition of hard. The main thing is making sure you mask off any areas you don't want it to go really well, because you won't be getting overspray off very easily...

Have a read of this http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=29031

Last edited:
So as you boys have pointed me very much into the right direction I have decided I'll feel alot more comfortable if I get this kit :)

Last edited:
I'm not a spray painter, trust me.... The rhino with a gun is too easy and will look a heap better than a roll on one. But good luck which ever way you go! :)

The roll on is a easier way for me bro as I don't have a compressor close amd handy to use, I'm not worried about texture just durability ;)

Thanks guys

This thing is having some coolent loss issues, haven't has the time to pull it apart and look yet, but before I do just want to know is there a radiator sealer we can run through the navaras like sealwel or Perm-O-seal bars stop leak anything?

Or am I best to find the source and replace it money is abit tight atm that's all thanks guys

Since my last post I have acquired a towbar kit
And some of these oslamp led hyperspot lights hoping to mount and install Sunday this week :)

Latest posts

Back