My d22 from GO to WHoA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont do powertrips, I put up with enough people from work in the call center doing it.

You know the ones on say $600 a week who makes themselves look important and make a scene to look all important.

Dave.

Definitely need to restrain them and not just rely on the seat latch keeping it all in place in the event of a sudden stop.
Givvus the details if you want a strap made up - My sister runs her own industrial sewing business.
Nats Rug and Harness in Horsham. :victory:

Thanks man but iv got a very good friend who is a motor trimmer if i decide to go with a material strap idea.

why dont you go patrol diffs? bout the same size as far as strength goes and might be a bit easier to modify and cheaper to source, and centres are reasonably cheap?

what diff you going to go with up front? I might know someone that might have some dana gear lying around, hes a jeep nut, i'll ask him... now that you've changed your mind not to go with em. :victory: :big_smile:

what diff you going to go with up front? I might know someone that might have some dana gear lying around, hes a jeep nut, i'll ask him... now that you've changed your mind not to go with em. :victory: :big_smile:

Front is already in, been in for almost 2 years now, its a dana 44. Thats what the kit recommended otherwise if i knew any better i would of went 9inch for the front as well.
I think the price for a custom made 9inch what im getting is an ok price, lets say for the nav diff im guessing patrol would be similar or more, a centre is $1100 then seal and bearing kit is $600 then what about an lsd and so on to make it fit my car.
The 9inch im getting can match a dana ratio i want to get for the front.
Just from memory and probably joshy can verify this, i think the patrol diffs are still expensive.

rear diff is cheap. especialy if you want a gq one to match the same wheel track. mate bought front and rear gq diffs complete for $600, we went halves in a front gq diff for spares for $300.
Axles seals are $12, locker bearings are $48, pinion seal is $25, re used the pinion bearings.

Dont waste your time with an lsd....while its out get a locker. otherwise youll just be pulling it out again to fit the locker.

Ok so the patrol diffs arn't as expensive as i thought, still i would have had to change the gearbox to use a front one.
The only reason im going for an lsd for now is cos the extra grand for a locker can buy me the front matching gear ratio i need.

nah you can just get it flipped. not expensive. but 2 late now haha.

I totally forgot about being able to flip the diff, to late anyway. That site joshy seems good the first gear ratio is what im after but do you know if it would fit into the aussie diesel diff? Or would i need to buy a petrol diff?

keep an eye on ebay man, there is always patrols diffs in pretty good nick on there... and you have the added fact that parts are cheap and the are thousands of them around, easy to sorce stuff. From my experience people with 9inches usually hang on to them... hell its 9inches! :big_smile:

My brain is being fried right now, most of my mates reckon just go the dana44, it will be cheaper to build, its a strong diff and for the price of the 9 inch i can have the diff built with a locker installed.

Its sounding tempting.

There thoery is the rear of the car is light, and im not running a high horsepower engine to be able to do much damage and considering how i treat the car now, if the standard diff hasn't let go surely a dana wont.

What to do what to do.

go the dana man... if your getting a locker for the same price it will be pretty unstoppable, and they are a strong diff. 9in will prob be a bit of a overkill, take alot more to drive it so to speak. Just wait until you find exactly what your happy with for the price you want and go with that. You dont wanna be going back spending money changing stuff

Yeah iv been thinking that from the start. I know the 9 inch take a lot of power just to turn them, when i was shopping for a diff for my charger i asked a group n racer who races a charger about the 9 inch, he told me to stay away from it as it would drain too much power from the engine. He told me what diff i should build that would suit my application.

If the power loss through a 9-inch is that much, I'd take the Dana with the locker and count that as another advantage over the 9-inch, if it were my choice to make - especially since the Dana can handle the power.

If there were doubt about the amount of power you could push through the Dana I'd say reconsider it, but otherwise the 9inch will mean you lose the $, the horsepower and the locker in the exchange.

Latest posts

Back