Narva HID Spread driving lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
A few weeks back I did a night drive to Meekatharra. what a nightmare that was. Roos and sheep everywhere on the verges and at times right up to the road itself.
The piddly little narva halogen spots on the nav were near to useless. So they are going and a set of narva HID model 71758 are going on. I need good spread rather than distance.
So I thought I'd check out the price at a couple of places in the Perth metro.
One joint wanted $880 and a well known Australia wide auto store wanted $1,082 (I almost fell over when I heard that price).
Good old Ebay, I can get them from South Oz for $650 with free postage.
Geez ya gotta ask yaself, how can they justify the prices here in the West.
I've had my whinge for today but I'm still stunned.

Sounds like the perfect job for a light bar. Some time ago now, I bought one of these from sunyeeau on eBay and it's brilliant. Fantastic spread of light, and even enough so that I can stop within the distance the beam shines forward - and it's 120W total. I also upgraded my IPF800XS lights by removing the 100W globes and installing 130W globes - and they can shine on the road over half a kilometre away clearly. I prefer the light bar over the halogens.

Just throwing it out there ... there are better bars now than the one I bought too.

You know you can get HID bulbs to fit those spotlights! I did mine for under $100 ... Or look at Rigit Industries lights - small and powerful... and a lot better priced than the $800 to $1100, my god that sounds expensive but I'm guessing you can cook on them also ;)

Yep as suggested above, I'd go with a light bar. If you don't want massive distance, just spread they're the go. Just measure the distance between the hoops on your alloy bar and see what size you can fit... you can even get 4 row ones if you want more light haha

Sunyee light bars are awesome for the money. Agree completely with all of the above! Get one before you throw your hard earned away

I can show you mine at night at some stage with just the small light bar on the front if you want? In person it is a lot better than they look in photos... hids won't give much spread at all, even "spread beam" lights don't spread out a lot, because it is such a high intensity light...

Light bars have the added advantage of providing all that extra light at lower amps, and no black spot in the middle of the beam where the HID globe sits. Light bar will also have less impact on the air flow into your radiator.

Be careful over in WA with them though, the police are going silly over them because they can.

Check out some of the led spotlights, they seem to throw there light out every where, so it doesn't matter if the Utes empty or fully loaded the lights are still pointing in the right direction. I,m running a 150w lightbar and hella rallyes converted to hid with little 35w globes. I find the lightbar is great for most of my driving around home, it's all back country roads with Roos and the odd cow. The hid,s punch out and light up the never never, but they piss people off out to about a kilometre,

I've just ordered the LED light bar from sunyee, I'll see how it goes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23INCH-1...0W-126W-12V-/231001491266?hash=item35c8c30742

If the spread is ok, then maybe a single spot from the top bar will do the job.
Case of wait and see now.
I really need to see wooly jumpers and roo's coming at me from the side. If distance is half a K, that is fine with me at night as I drive slower.
Cheers

That's a great price... the small one I have on mine is a 21 inch, supposed to be 126w and that's great for spread. I only have the hids for distance... and the big light bar on the roof for more spread, but it doesn't do a great deal once the hids are warmed up... mind you I have 4 of them and the 2 lower ones are aimed out to the side a bit lol

I'm taking a punt and going with the 144w sunyee's
See how they go. considering the price I'm not expecting much.
If the spread is ok, I can always mount a single spot beam from the top bar.

I'm taking a punt and going with the 144w sunyee's
See how they go. considering the price I'm not expecting much.
If the spread is ok, I can always mount a single spot beam from the top bar.
Mate u will be impressed they put out heapz of light i had same spots same as you plus a set of narva 225s and after i put light bar on like the other boys i dont even use the other 4 spots now

The lightbar finally got installed late yesterday, only need to find a dark road somewhere to do the final adjustment.
Case of wait and see but plenty of room so can always mount a single spot underneath the top bar.

Attachments

• 20151019_160911.jpg
    20151019_160911.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back