To convert my Narvas to HID or buy HID lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
buy the pair, there cheap as. the reflectors in halogen lights arent made specifically for hid, hid lights are.

i would check out their neg feedback first personally i would not buy them 2 reasons 1 i read their feedback 2 i converted my spotties to 100w hid they are good i cant keep my hand off them. ido recommend not to wire these up through the high beam,MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY. KEV

i would check out their neg feedback first personally i would not buy them 2 reasons 1 i read their feedback 2 i converted my spotties to 100w hid they are good i cant keep my hand off them. ido recommend not to wire these up through the high beam,MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY. KEV

whats wrong with there feed back 9 people had issues and 450 didnt
and if you have a look properly there issues were with the conversion kits not the actual lights, and anyways its $160 for 2 9"55w hid there not going to be lightforce comparison but they will still light shit up just fine.

The fake light forces are a great set! They're the same shape and hid

Last edited:
If you want HID, get HID-specific reflectors. Halogen reflectors (that are designed well) are good for halogen globes and the specific location of the tungsten filament that actually produces the light.

In HID globes, the light is not generated in the same place and when installed in halogen reflectors, this results in a spread of glare that can be seen from a wide angle. That's not only annoying for other drivers, but it's a waste of light. You want that light projected forward, not leaked out all over the place.

I was going to get a 100W HID kit for my IPF lights but decided against it because of this problem (horizontal "east-west" filaments in the halogen, "north-south" arc in the HID). I don't just want to see the kangaroo a kilometre ahead - I want it cooked and ready to skewer by the time I get to it. I'm going to (eventually) replace them with specifically made HIDs and will probably go for the Lightforce 240s.

If you want HID, get HID-specific reflectors. Halogen reflectors (that are designed well) are good for halogen globes and the specific location of the tungsten filament that actually produces the light.

In HID globes, the light is not generated in the same place and when installed in halogen reflectors, this results in a spread of glare that can be seen from a wide angle. That's not only annoying for other drivers, but it's a waste of light. You want that light projected forward, not leaked out all over the place.

I was going to get a 100W HID kit for my IPF lights but decided against it because of this problem (horizontal "east-west" filaments in the halogen, "north-south" arc in the HID). I don't just want to see the kangaroo a kilometre ahead - I want it cooked and ready to skewer by the time I get to it. I'm going to (eventually) replace them with specifically made HIDs and will probably go for the Lightforce 240s.

I've only had reflector issues with headlights. Sometimes that have stray beams of light.
But on the light force and IPF's that I have converted the beam has always been nice and true. I have 3x pencil beams on the nav and have a ridiculous amount of visabilty.

IMHO for the 50 or 60 buck to get a eBay hid kit, give it a go. If you don't like it just convert them back.
Just one hint though is to make sure you get the "AC" style ballast and not the cheaper "DC" ballast. The DC ballast isn't as reliable and can cause bulb flicker and also reduce bulb life. The link I posted above is for the AC kit. I know because I ordered the wrong kit before and should have got the silver ballasts.

I've converted my roo lites and I'm
Very upset with the conversion, it's like the light is hollow in he centre..
Honestly the damned things work
Better in the rain reflection off the water. Also the first set of HID's I got super heated the globe and damaged the adapter in the housing. I now need new lights. Some other going Blitz or XGT'S

A few mixed reports it seems. I've bitten the bullet and will go for a conversion kit so will see how they end up. Might have to wait a month though, as another 1k+ has gone into my other issue with my front right hub :(

whats wrong with there feed back 9 people had issues and 450 didnt
and if you have a look properly there issues were with the conversion kits not the actual lights, and anyways its $160 for 2 9"55w hid there not going to be lightforce comparison but they will still light shit up just fine.

as i said my opinion only i dont buy off ebay with the percentage feedback that this seller has as it increases your chances of getting crap thats all. kev:love sign:

I did the HID conversion on my IPF's and haven't looked back

Its a good point Old Tony makes

Picture074.jpg

Picture073-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back