Nav80's, aka vSAHARAx, D22...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo back to the drawing board.... Im thinking of picking up a 465x260x70mm Intercooler from 999 automotive tomorrow and bolting 2x 8" davis craig thermos to that and be done with it....

Have removed the verticle support on the rad support panel... going to fab up my own that way i can keep minimul distance between the IC and condenser... will look neater and should perform better while keeping a kind of factory look....

back to the blank canvas
IMG_0520.jpg

Very very happy.... Will post pics later :-D.... Just out taking measurements... Planning brackets materials etc...

Well this arvo after work i popped around to 999 automotive and picked up a 465x260x70mm Cooler to suit a R32 skyline.... Because i am ditching the factory air-con thermo fan in order to mount the cooler closer to the a/c condenser I also picked up 2x 8" Davis Craigh thermos to help push a bit more air through the cooler, condensor and radiator... The cooler is a Tube & Fin, i knowwww, they are not as efficient in cooling the charge air as a bar and plate, but they do have a better flow rate... After a bit of research, The general consensis is tube and fin allows more air flow to the cooling system (condensor and radiator)....

The fans mounted to the Cooler
IMG_0521.jpg

The cooler almost smack bang where it will live... Going to cut the mounts off the cooler and re-tig stronger tabs on in the correct positions... The cooler will be mounted on rubber.
IMG_0522.jpg

test fit of the bull bar and grill. Where the cooler will sit.....
IMG_0523.jpg

Clearance between everything
IMG_0524.jpg

one thing i am not a fan of is how noisey the thermos are.... but HOLY HELL so they push some air!!!!!

If anybody would like to give me some hints, tips or tricks, please im all ears.... Im only winging this hoping it all works! :suicide2:

Mmmmm now I'm wondering if it's worth the effort... After doing much much more reading it appears the design of this cooler is pretty shit house and how wide the fins are etc I doubt the cooler will do sh!t....

Sometimes I wish I did more research before i bought things... :suicide2:

Mmmmm now I'm wondering if it's worth the effort... After doing much much more reading it appears the design of this cooler is pretty shit house and how wide the fins are etc I doubt the cooler will do sh!t....

What are you concerned about with the design of the cooler?

It looks like the same one I used.I think the design is probably ok if you use the top as the inlet.Just looks like it would fill both tanks this way which is the way I did mine.If you use bottom as inlet I think air would maybe bypass the bottom of intercooler. I am no airflow engineer though. I think any intercooler is better than none. As for more power out of it check my hill climb test in my DIY thread.

Last edited:
Ohhhh was just having one of my moments... It has a low fin count and typical chinese cooler build quality.... Crappy... Need to keep reminding myself it's a low powered navara and any cooler is better than none....

One thing I'm concerned about is the size of it, is it too big for the navara's baby turbo... Would I be better trying to squeeze the thermo fans on the stock xr6 cooler?

Okay guys.... So ive been a bit busy catching up with work, but finally got my finger out and done a bit to the Nav

It has New boots, 265x75x16 ATZ 4-ribs
Catch Can
YD25 Snorkel (Thanks Nizzbits)
And the decided to stick with the XR6 cooler, which is all mounted!

Tyres
IMG_0461.jpg

Was running these wheels and tyres for a bit but think they are hidious
IMG_0365.jpg

New boots
IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Last edited:
Back