Nav80's, aka vSAHARAx, D22...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done mate.

Wanna detail mine to ?

Ohand I remember that Landcruiser on Yotamonthly before Nemisis the cockhead banned me.

Now chipped!!!

Well fitted my Steinbauer chip today, simple plug and play took under 5 minutes.... Results are bloody awesome!

No more lag in first gear she just gets up and boogies... Love it!

quick video of before and after,

I know i wasnt holding the gears as long in the first video but i still had my foot to flat to the floor on both...

Before the chip

Now with mr Steinbauer

The navara is completely stock... My XR6 intercooler comes this week, hopefully exhaust in a week or 2 and YD25 snorkel not long after that.... when thats all done i will take another video... both videos were taken on the same stretch of road and roughly the same outside ambient temp...

I got 11.2L / 100kms (running 265x75x16 ATZs) without the chip city driving, will record what i get now the chip is installed...

Troy

Very nice! How much did you pay fot the steinbauer?
I'm liking that low end pickup. I'm getting tired of my lack of low end. Haha
I have yet done the egr mod. Just snorkel.
Cruiser looks awesome mate.

jeez mate you have more dedication than what i would have. grat work on tidying up your nav. the steinbaur chip seems to work real great might have to look into one.

I picked the Stienbauer up 2nd hand for $700... I know its a bit $$$, more than i wanted to pay. But it was a mate and the unit is not that old and he payed alloott more than that for it... Took 2 minutes to connect. unplug the connector plug from the injector pump, connect that into the unit, then plug the unit into the injector pump and drop the bonnet and drive away...

Made the truck soooo much nicer to drive, i admit its not a rocket, but certainly takes off and pulls up hills with next to no effort... Once i get the intercooler, exhaust and lose the pre-cleaner for the YD25 intake pipe and snorkel I should feel all the benefits of the chip.... I can also wind the chip up a bit but in all honesty im happy with how it is...

IMG_0493.jpg

Oh well, im off now to go get 4 impacted wisdom teeth ripped out.... Booo

^ Ouch. I was knocked out when mine got ripped out.

Fatboy, not sure yet. Waiting on a reply from Lyndsay.

Yep.... Ouch... Feel like I've been hit by a bus... Face is like a balloon!!! What's even worse is my intercooler arrived today and i am not allowed to go and start installing it :-(.... Oh well give me something to look forward too...

Call me Charlie,
Yeah i got 3 out but wasnt knocked out.. I was sore but i honestly thought it would be worse..

Yep.... Ouch... Feel like I've been hit by a bus... Face is like a balloon!!! What's even worse is my intercooler arrived today and i am not allowed to go and start installing it :-(.... Oh well give me something to look forward too...

I just went home and slept for like 14 hours. Woke up feeling awesome.

I just went home and slept for like 14 hours. Woke up feeling awesome.

Yeah I was last patient for the day... Got knocked out around 5:45, woke up around 7:30 in recovery... Had my complimentary ice cream jelly and lemonade... Still feeling druggy waited to be discharged home by 9 straight to bed and up at 10 this morn... They had to give my jaw a bit of a grind and break the bottom ones up piece by piece to remove... Half my bottom lip is still numb, face looks like sponge bob square pants but apart from that feel good... :-D... Just wanna fit my intercooler damn it!

Well just about back to normal after my wisdom teeth saga.... Well a bit happened today... Pulled the grill out and have worked out exactly where the intercooler is going to sit and where pipe work will run... Firstly I couldn't help but notice that the mounts on the ac condenser fan are basically mirrored on the passenger side... So I tracked down another D22 thermo fan for the passenger side of the radiator too...

In order to run the pipe work I'll need to remove the pre-cleaner... To get around that I got onto nizzbits and he's hooked me up with a yd25 intake duct and snorkel

So hopefully next weekend I'll have all the gear to really give the old nav some lovin! Can't wait!!! :-D

Should be good once its done mate, wind up the boost a bit:)

Yeah she should go alright!

The thought has crossed my mind Ronnie, only thing that concerns me is that the turbo already hits 16psi. How high can i wind it before the turbo is out of its efficiency range and just producing hot air?... I know the intercooler is pushing the efficiency friendship in regaurds to flow calcs, hence trying to set it up with maximum air-flow...... but then i snap back and realise its a navara, not a highly strung sports car... so anything is better than nothing....

In saying that i might just up the boost a tad :-D

I also installed a set of Rhino Aero Track mount roof racks.

Marking out where to place the tracks
IMG_0393.jpg

All masked up ready to drill holes than hit with cold gal
IMG_0394.jpg

Holes drilled
IMG_0396.jpg

looking schmick, 16 psi seems very high for standard unless its been wound up before?

^ 15psi is stock boost.

15psi ain't that high for a diesel.

C15 Accerts run 50psi stock.

Quality work as always Troy.

Well... Spent a fair bit of time this arvo working out intercooler position and prep work for the cooler.... After stripping it down, and doing a couple of test fits im not overly impressed with how the position turned out so im thinking of heading in another direction....

Pics of the progress....

moved the p/steering cooler
IMG_0513.jpg

Intercooler sort of in position
IMG_0517.jpg

Where it will be behind the grill
IMG_0518.jpg

The bit i dont like.... heaps of room between the IC and fans.... just doesnt look factory enough for me
IMG_0519.jpg

Back