Nav80's, aka vSAHARAx, D22...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after spending 3 full days scrubbing, cleaning, hosing... you name it... then left for a few days to dry in the sun... It was time to get it back together

Door trims were first, Might i add everything come up like new! Credit to the previous owners!!!

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

After spending hours pealing all the old underlay off the carpet it was time to cut the new underlay to shape...
IMG_0163.jpg

Mine after purchase repairs and rego owed me $14,500 on the road including reg, transfers the works. Thats a 04 str with 77,000 km on the clock, That was last june

Mine after purchase repairs and rego owed me $14,500 on the road including reg, transfers the works. Thats a 04 str with 77,000 km on the clock, That was last june

mine was probably 15,500 on the road with rego.... the $500 inspection is a JOKE!!! It owes me more than that now, but i have added a few things that i wanted not needed...

So cut the underlay for the front... (yes i know the silverside goes down, but i doubled it up in spots.)

IMG_0164.jpg

Nice and thick
IMG_0165.jpg

doubled up under the feet in the rear
IMG_0166.jpg

had this big section left over and figured it fitted perfect behind the seat, stop things stored behind the seat scratching the cab
IMG_0167.jpg

Time to throw the carpets back in. They came up alot better than i thought they would...
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Then i got carried away and figured since the door trims were so easy to pull off, i would through a set of speakers in there.... ran the wiring properly... being a sparky with ocd i cant handle messy wiring... so it all looks factory in that department.
IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Since i had to pull the head unit out i thought i would swap that for something decent while it was out.
IMG_0182.jpg

Then was feeling energetic with the interior finished i focused outside, giving it a quick hand polish
IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

:wash_truck: looks like you had a massive job, but you did it well. the nav looks awesome, and with the low km on it i will say it again good score

:wash_truck: looks like you had a massive job, but you did it well. the nav looks awesome, and with the low km on it i will say it again good score

Cheers mate, it took a bit of work, but as I was in no real rush i had time to do everything 100% right the first time....

Just waiting for the other pics to load...

I lost interest in polishing it when i got to around half way, but when i seen how good it looked after rubbing the polish off... was motivation to keep going

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

So after hours and hours of washing, scrubbing and tinkering I was able to stand back and think it was definately worth it!!! I was especially happy when the time came to get it inspected for rego!

So here she is all scrubbed up
IMG_0197.jpg

(toyota cap for a bit of cheek)
IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

wow!! it looks like a brand spanker. great buy m8 and well worth the time you took to get it back to life i say. which is easy for me to say not being the one that spent all those hrs on the clean up crew.

wow!! it looks like a brand spanker. great buy m8 and well worth the time you took to get it back to life i say. which is easy for me to say not being the one that spent all those hrs on the clean up crew.

Oh i am wrapped with it! I think she's a great little truck! My mechanic changed all the oils and there was no evidence in water in anything. One thing i dont like is it's a tad underpowered, but ill soon be tending to that minor problem ;)... Another problem i have found is i havnt pulled my landcruiser out of the garage in about a month... :sad:

Man that is a clean truck. Makes me wanna buy a right off and work on it myself. Unfortunately funds don't allow and the wife wouldn't be happy. You have done a great job in bringing it back to its original looks. It actually looks cleaner then when you get it from a dealer brand new.

That Nu-Finish polish has to be the best polish around. I use it on all my cars and my rents have just started using it.

Great work
Rusty

Man that is a clean truck. Makes me wanna buy a right off and work on it myself. Unfortunately funds don't allow and the wife wouldn't be happy. You have done a great job in bringing it back to its original looks. It actually looks cleaner then when you get it from a dealer brand new.

That Nu-Finish polish has to be the best polish around. I use it on all my cars and my rents have just started using it.

Great work
Rusty

Yep the Nu-Finish is brilliant!... Was hard to find it a couple of years ago but seemed to find its way back onto most shelves again...

Well i have a few plans for the Navara... :-D

Last edited:
just checked out the pics of the cruiser,what a transformation from when you got it to now.
now i want one........ dam it!!! hahaha

just checked out the pics of the cruiser,what a transformation from when you got it to now.
now i want one........ dam it!!! hahaha

Hahaha, I edited and it deleted half the post... Im hopeless on this ipad thing.... back on the computer now

so yeah the cruiser

November 07
DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

Now
IMG_0736.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

The Navara will get a bit of love soon....

well done with the nav mate!! looks tops!! under powered you say, time for EGR mod then snorkel, that wakes them up a little, oh them a exhaust!!

bryan

well done with the nav mate!! looks tops!! under powered you say, time for EGR mod then snorkel, that wakes them up a little, oh them a exhaust!!

bryan

Cheers Bryan... Underpowered is probably the wrong word. It goes alright, just lacks grunt down low... Done the EGR and swirl mod, made a bit of difference down low. My mate made me a catch can which is fitted ready for an intercooler... Actually In the process of buying an xr6 intercooler. Then 3" exhaust from the boys at suncoast, will order my 2.5L snorkel and intake pipe then keep my eyes pealed for a chip that isn't a rediculous price... That should liven her up... :-D

Back