navara d22 misfire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

middy53

hi to you all im new to the site, i have a problem with my 2003 d22 navara i was woundering if anyone could help me with it. the motor is missing in 3rd gear only its like starvation of fuel but has had a new filter new fuel lines injectors the lot really. the last resort was take it to nissan put onto the computor the said crank sensor and after spending another £300 it was still there nissan refunded me and said they cannot find anything wrong with motor i was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem many thanks all help would be greatful
regards davey (middy 53) help :suicide:

Sounds like the symptoms of a dud neutral switch. Tweak'e will confirm.

Strange that Nissan should throw in the towel. Hopeless.

certainly sounds like a typical neutral switch fault.
if its faults constantly it show up if you put the heat switch on ie revs won't drop when you put it into 3rd gear.
otherwise find the switch and unplug it.

I've jus had this problem but in 4th gear and every other thread is talking about 3rd gear . could it be the switch? It seems fine on all the other gears

if it happens in a certain gear then its most likely gearbox related which means its the neutral switch at fault.

I've jus had this problem but in 4th gear and every other thread is talking about 3rd gear . could it be the switch? It seems fine on all the other gears

Disconnect the switch and see if it does it.

If it fixes it order a new switch.

Dave.

Hi fellas
I have the same issue with my 2003 3ltd str I have replaced the fuel filter and neutral switch and it has not solved the problem has anyone got any other Idea's why this would happen?

yep the fuel system was the first thing my mechanic looked at then I searched the net and found It had exactly the same symptoms as the neutral switch causes Changed that and its still not right :sad:

Back