Navara radio performance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
This may have been raised before but the performance of the standard radio and antenna on my 2010 D40 leaves a bit to be desired. I have been told that installing a better aftermarket antenna will help.

Has anyone done this?

I don't have any problems with my radio, I regularly pick up both AM and FM signals from the city 160 odd ks away. Sometimes direction and surrounds effect the weaker signals but it all depends where I am. Are you sure it's the antenna and not the radio itself?

It does vibrate loose constantly . Just check its tight and there is no dirt or liquid in the aerial base

It might also depend where your antenna is located as to what alternatives there are. In front of windscreen (ST) or above (STX).

Mine is an ST & the reception is o.k unless the tin lid has her DVD player going and then there is interference.

It does vibrate loose constantly . Just check its tight and there is no dirt or liquid in the aerial base

Yes, it has already done that once and was flopping on the roof....a few more miles and it would have come off.
I guess I am just comparing it to the radio in my 2004 Rodeo, as I go to the same places in the STX and the radio performance is not a patch on the old one.

The radio in my old 07 was great for reception but the one in my new 12 is no-where near as good.
Am thinking of putting a signal amplifier onto the antenna to see if that helps.

The radio in my old 07 was great for reception but the one in my new 12 is no-where near as good.
Am thinking of putting a signal amplifier onto the antenna to see if that helps.

The only thing the signal amplifiers do is generate heat - so I wouldn't bother!

Yes, it has already done that once and was flopping on the roof....a few more miles and it would have come off.
I guess I am just comparing it to the radio in my 2004 Rodeo, as I go to the same places in the STX and the radio performance is not a patch on the old one.

Check all the coax for damage - it will break from time to time.

If that don't work you could try an after market one. BUT, be careful about he length of the replacement. I replaced mine (D22) with a 600mm fiberglass whip & it was just so so (I thought my intercooler fan was interfering with the signal so I shifted the antenna to the roof without any improvement). That one broke, so I replaced it with an 18" stainless one (actually the top off an elevated UHF antenna) and that works a treat.

Latest posts

Back