Need help installing chipIT chip to zd30...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Ok,
I picked up my chip it today and I'm a bit confuzzled as to how it's installed. I've attached 2 photos, one is of the wiring harness included and the other is the actual module itself. I got the EGT controlled chip.

The module is a manual "move the jumper on the pins" method to change the tune.

And the instructions do an absolute piss poor job of explaining the installation method, and it's got me wondering if I've got the wrong wiring harness.

TBH, I'm not impressed.

If someone can offer me some help, that'd be awesome.

Attachments

• image-188924740.jpg
    image-188924740.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 407
  • image-3164913875.jpg
    image-3164913875.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 261
Josh what do the tags say on the wires? My guess is the red and black are main battery. Then the big blue plug goes into chipit box unit. The waterproof black plug connects to ecu or fuel pump or something I'm not sure on the last wire with the yellow crimped fitting on the end

RustyNav09 said:
Josh what do the tags say on the wires? My guess is the red and black are main battery. Then the big blue plug goes into chipit box unit. The waterproof black plug connects to ecu or fuel pump or something I'm not sure on the last wire with the yellow crimped fitting on the end

No labels, no plug and play. This is all hard wired, with crappy instructions no help at all. I'm pretty pissed off at it actually.

looks like you don't have the right one Josh, that looks like the 2.5 job,
but i'm guessing because it just doesn't have the right plugs to piggyback into the VP pump on the ZD30 and the unit itself is silver. Well the one Bryce has is anyway.

Last edited:
Na that's different to the commonrail one. There is no mains battery on the commonrail as they get the power from the rail not mains.

Just ring Robert from chipit

No labels, no plug and play. This is all hard wired, with crappy instructions no help at all. I'm pretty pissed off at it actually.

yeah ive heard a few ppl complain about the lack of instructions with chipit
and there piss poor after sales support
they market them as plug and play ??
for the money you pay they should come with a 24 hr phone helpline
good luck mate

Hey mate i have a chip it installed. Ring this number (08)1800784882 thats for there Clarkson shop in Perth i went there. Warren is the owner if you don't get him one of the other staff will help you out with any questions there really helpful. I can also post some pictures of how mines installed if you like.

Nah mate, haven't heard peep from chipit. I sent them an email last Saturday and still no reply. I understand that they could be away on holidays, so I give them to close of business Monday.

After that, the sh*t storm starts.

It's extremely unprofessional, downright stupid and straight up a sure fire way of making someone so pissed off that they'll go out of their way to make sure everyone knows to steer clear.

Seriously, I paid for this more than a month ago and I still don't have a chip I can install in my truck!

<rant over>

A lot of business's are shut til the 9th. Just sit pretty and see how you go.

FatBoy89 said:
A lot of business's are shut til the 9th. Just sit pretty and see how you go.

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. Still pisses me off that they'd let this crap out their door though. Seriously, have some friggin pride in your workmanship!

I haven't seen the instructions but if they are no good it's one thing I can't stand. Ruins the experience!

FatBoy89 said:
I haven't seen the instructions but if they are no good it's one thing I can't stand. Ruins the experience!

It's not that the instructions are terrible (but they certainly aren't very good) they don't even specially apply to my variant of the ZD30, and it doesn't even match the wiring harness I received.
It's just one giant sh*tshow, and now I'm left with an ugly stain in my bank account.

The bit that's pissing me off the most - they haven't even labelled the wires on the harness. Nothing. If they'd labelled them, I might have been able to figure something out.

No good at all! Get onto them
ASAP Monday. If you get no reply just call and dont get off the line til you speak to someone higher

Ok, I got an email reply yesterday afternoon from a bloke called Justin who was most apologetic about the manner in which my kit was sent out. He seems quite helpful and hopefully with some correspondence we can sort out exactly how this goes together.

Needless to say my kit was probably sent out in a bit of a pre-christmas rush and whatever bloke was in charge of making my wiring loom was having an off day.

It doesn't really excuse the manner of kit I received, but good after sales support goes a long way.

Last edited:
Ok, got it sorted, really super simple once I'd nutted out the finer details (that either weren't in the instructions, or knowledge that was assumed) I'll take some photos in the engine bay and of how i've gone about installing the chip tonight and post it in my build up, and probably start a new thread about how to do it. I'll also be emailing the photos to ChipIT so they can use them for future installs.

By biggest help, was that it seems that a previous owner of my vehicle had already had a chip on the truck, so the scotch lock on the spill valve control wire was still there, which made the second hardest part, really easy.

The most annoying part of the whole venture was having to open up the EGT box and disconnect all the cables so I could run them through the firewall, and then reconnect them!

The verdict: HOLY CRAP! It's absolutely fricken unbelievable. It came with a jumper selectable tunes 1-7, it came on 4, right smack bang in the middle of the field, plenty more room to play with.
My only negative is that there is some RPM overrun when changing gears, from the outside it sounds like I'm mega slipping the clutch. There is a fix for this, I just need to track down the particulars.
Once I've got an intercooler, upped the boost, then upped the tune, I'll be using fuel like a petrol engine.

Buts as it stands, she effing goes.

Good to hear it got sorted finally. It is something i am sort of half considering doing to mine, just not sure until warranty is over.

mitch92 said:
Good to hear it got sorted finally. It is something i am sort of half considering doing to mine, just not sure until warranty is over.

If ever you're in Gladstone gimme a yell, I'll let you take her for a spin. That'll convince you.

So the kit you got must be different to.mine that was plug and play. I wonder if the tunes are different at all.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

I reckon they might be. Mine taps onto spill valve control wire and the MAP sensor. And being jumper selectable... I dunno.

And TBH, I reckon it puts me back in the seat more than I recall yours did Bryce. Just gotta sort the RPM overrun problem and it'll be all sorted.

Back