Need help installing chipIT chip to zd30...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you got it sorted.

Might bug Lyndsay again and see whats happening.

I just want a plug and play chip.

Yeah, when I quizzed them about a plug and play chip, they responded by telling me that better gains are had by connecting to both the MAP and spill valve control. Which makes sense.

The plug and play edition (which Bruce has on his zd30) only interrupt the CANBUS signal at the back of the fuel pump.

i agree piss pore i have the same prob but with a 2004 d22 3l navara can any one help

yeah ive heard a few ppl complain about the lack of instructions with chipit
and there piss poor after sales support
they market them as plug and play ??
for the money you pay they should come with a 24 hr phone helpline
good luck mate

yes thats true i just got the same chip one wire goes to boost censor i goes to fuel pump spill valve and pos neg but mine over revs in changing gears thats on the 2004 d22

I had the same problem with the overrun in RPM when hooked upto the MAP sensor. The fix is to hook into the TPS (throttle position switch) in the cabin.

Josh what do the tags say on the wires? My guess is the red and black are main battery. Then the big blue plug goes into chipit box unit. The waterproof black plug connects to ecu or fuel pump or something I'm not sure on the last wire with the yellow crimped fitting on the end

just fitted the chip to d22 2004 navara not as easy as it says but had to be wired to the acc wires on back of pedal

yeah ive heard a few ppl complain about the lack of instructions with chipit
and there piss poor after sales support
they market them as plug and play ??
for the money you pay they should come with a 24 hr phone helpline
good luck mate

Sparra, fair crack of the whip. That's not fair in the slightest.

Where do you see us not giving 110% effort with regards to after sales service? We bend over backwards to make sure people are happy. We don't shy away from faults or warranty issues or customers that are having installation or other issues.

If customers need help we are just a phone call away

What the poster has is a pre common rail chip. The chips that are plug and play and the Common Rail chips as the plugs are available or we made moulds of them.

The pre common rail chip needs to have a wire connected to the spill valve of the pump, a wire connected to the TPS (or MAP sensor for certain applications) and then just battery power. No biggie there.

The jumpers to change the power rating is a simple jumper style adjustment. Move the jumpers as per the instructions to increase or decrease the power.

Joshman please feel free to contact us for any support needed. That's what we are here for. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself then you are going to need to take it to someone that is a little more mechanically minded. For the mechanic the instructions would be a piece of piss to be frank.

But first port of call, jump on the blower and call us.

Cheers

Robert

Just read the last of joshman's posts. Glad it was sorted too and sorry for the stuff around.

Thanks Josh for clearing the air regarding this and also thanks for your patience too.

Cheers

Chip It said:
Just read the last of joshman's posts. Glad it was sorted too and sorry for the stuff around.

Thanks Josh for clearing the air regarding this and also thanks for your patience too.

Cheers

No worries mate, I like you guys and your product, my only real criticism is that I had to go searching for the answers I needed instead of them being provided with the product (hint: include them for future customers!)

so did you figure out which is the throttle position cable?
mine does the same thing.
GREAT instructions :/

Stiffy you can go either to the throttle pedal or at the ECU.

The pedal plug is normally a Brown Plug at throttle under dash inside the car Reference wire should be middle wire (yellow).

To confirm: This can be checked with the ignition ON, engine OFF and a multimeter. Check for voltage 0 -5 volts by pushing the throttle pedal ON and OFF. You will see voltage fluctuations from around 1 v to 4.5 volts. Might be more, might be less, but if it fluctuates a lot, that's your wire.

Attached the wire that would normally go to the MAP sensor to this wire. You can use the Scotch Lock supplied for temporary or permanent solution.

That's it

Hope this helps

Cheers

whats the go with the over revving? have you fixed it yet and why does it do it?

over reving? you mean on gear changes?

Yes its fixed when you place the MAP wire to the Throttle Pedal instead of the MAP

Hey josh what's your fuel consumption like now that you have installed the chip it also what mods does your nav have done ??

Hey josh what's your fuel consumption like now that you have installed the chip it also what mods does your nav have done ??

Ha! Every mod under the sun just about! The list is honesty heaps long: here's the important stuff:

I get about 12l/100km, mind you I am now running a ZD30 engine with snorkel, 80 series airbox and Mike Vine VNT turbo, ChipIT chip and 3" straight through exhaust. This is all sitting on a 2" suspension and 2" body lift with a set of 33" Maxxis Bighorn underneath. Also have a set of 4.625 diff ratios installed. (down from the stock 4.375).

Hi im struggling to install a chipit chip to my 03 d22 zd30 does any one now which is the refrence wire for tps.I see from earlier posts and a pic in the munual that it is the middle yellow wire of brown plug but its white on mine.I conected the white wire to the middle white wire of brown plug after an email response from chipit.still no extra power.

Latest posts

Back