New diff?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetterberg

Reaction score
Hey folks,

So apparently my crownwheel in the front diff 05 zd30 has shit it self . What's the best way to tackle it? New diff? Or rebuild? What prices would I be looking at?am I worth getting a diff locker fitted if it has to be rebuilt? Any opinions welcome.

Cheers

E locker is $1500ish, the case needs to me machined to fit the locker in
Crown wheel and Pinion from 4x4parts.com is around $500, plus shipping and exchange rate
Bearings and seals = $200
Labour can vary from $500 - $800

Or you could try and pick up a second hand diff for around the $300 mark

E locker is $1500ish, the case needs to me machined to fit the locker in
Crown wheel and Pinion from 4x4parts.com is around $500, plus shipping and exchange rate
Bearings and seals = $200
Labour can vary from $500 - $800

Or you could try and pick up a second hand diff for around the $300 mark

So $1500 for e locker plus machining and bearings,seals $700 and labour on top of that? Just trying to get a rough idea before I ring around

Why not put an auto locker in instead ,its a third of the price of the e locker.It will save you a fair amount of cash for a similar result.

The E Vs Air Vs manual debate will rage on for a long time, there is lots of Pros V cons for all of them.

The last front diff i got was from a leftover wreck... I think i paid $150 and got a front and rear diff, all the suspension, front hubs, bonnet, boxes of crap - cause the guy just wanted to get rid of it.

The secondhand price of a diff varies, but there are bargains out there. Id be on ebay / Gumtree and hopefully find something in your area.

I wouldent worry about repairing yours, it would be to expensive

I have a manual lokka in my d22, great for climbing rocks, mud tracks but its fairly average for cornering on the beach.
I actually bought it secondhand from Dilmah when he upgraded.
It serves me fine, but it all comes down to what your going to use the car for.

Thanks guys, have been thinking bout auto lokka, so if I was to purchase one would I than still be looking at getting a second hand diff and just getting the lokka installed into it or just rebuild my diff now and install the lokka? What would be the cheapest option? Also should I be trusting to get a second hand diff of the wreckers for $300? Or a parts shop near me with a diff that has one with 100,000kms and a 6mnth warranty for $470 they have insured me has been inspected etc
Cheers

A second hand one will be a risk either way, but you'll know pretty quick if it's ****ed when you rip it apart to put the lokka in. That's probably not a bad price and it includes warranty.

Thanks,still on the hunt for a diff so if anyone knows someone that is selling..
4wd systems quoted $569 delivered for the lokka, standard price? I'm sure I seen in cheaper in another thread.

Latest posts

Back