New guy from Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi LLandar. There is a thread on the reset procedure for the D22. This is the one off one of the threads that I copied to my phone notepad just incase I need it. It works fine.

ECU Reset
1. Ignition "ON", count to 3.
2. Depress/Release pedal 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 (not 7!) and fully depress pedal
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release pedal
5. Count to 10, depress pedal
6. Count to 10, release pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

Cheers

Is that procedure for a D40

Hey fellas,

Dropped the Nav off to the dealer today.
Got a call back this arvo and report back of the issue being the dual mass fly wheel! Which causes oil to leak and the injectors to play up or something.

Will have more information for future reference next week when I pick it up. Luckily all covered by warrenty :cheers!:

Sounds really odd to me. Sounds like the old "well, the tyre pressure is low in your left rear tyre and that's why you don't pick up AM radio properly" excuse.

I do expect someone to come along now and prove that lowering the air pressure in your left rear tyre will affect radio reception.

I probably should get them to grease my muffler bearing and rotate my door handles whiles its in there.

I'll see what they have to say it was exactly when I pick it up.

In all seriousness, there have been issues with the dual mass flywheels. The face that meets the clutch is rather thin and doesn't draw heat away from the surface very well, so if you ride the clutch a bit (like you would when manoeuvring a heavy trailer up a slope, like a boat up a ramp) it gets so hot that it destroys the clutch.

These components aren't all that close to the injectors and apart from being attached to the same engine aren't otherwise related.

If they DO change your clutch/flywheel (both should be changed, perhaps the pressure plate as well because the springs are distempered by the heat) you won't see any sign of it, but the car should feel a little rougher at low rpm.

what stealership is looking afta you ?
Newcastle Toyota.

In all seriousness, there have been issues with the dual mass flywheels. The face that meets the clutch is rather thin and doesn't draw heat away from the surface very well, so if you ride the clutch a bit (like you would when manoeuvring a heavy trailer up a slope, like a boat up a ramp) it gets so hot that it destroys the clutch.

These components aren't all that close to the injectors and apart from being attached to the same engine aren't otherwise related.

If they DO change your clutch/flywheel (both should be changed, perhaps the pressure plate as well because the springs are distempered by the heat) you won't see any sign of it, but the car should feel a little rougher at low rpm.

He said something about oil leaking onto something which was causing the it to shuddered like it was, I was in a shop talking to a fellow about some parts for the buggy so the phone call was only brief and quick haha. Does all sound a little odd for the injectors to come into the equation :/ its also weird that I could drive it like normal but then sometimes it would do the shuddering problem..?

Okay okay, :sorry3:

Picked it up today and everything made much butter sense in person.

Still hard to explain but I'll try my best haha.
The dual mass fly wheel had movement in it (should be all solid together), but there was 20-30mm (or so) movement which was cause the crank angle sensor to not pick up correctly. Which was why the engine was running so rough, and after a few shut downs the fly wheel would go back to its right position and the CAS would work properly. (That's where the confusion was with the oil, just the way he explained it over the phone he left out a few things) So with the CAS out of whack, as most would know how an engine would run, putting injectors outa whack etc etc.

In hind sight, it was replaced with a single plate fly wheel :rock:

Sorry again for the little bit of confusion, but many thanks to all to offered advice :)

That's what I was going to suggest that it could have something to do with the crank angle sensor. That's the only thing down in that area that relates to the running of the engine.

Back