New Mercedes 6 x6

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time in the brand new G-Wagen.

They are such a bullet proof beast.

Unbelievable amounts of articulation for a standard vehicle, the 3.0L turbo diesel has so much grunt! Plus a proper 7 speed auto means its always got the right gear. Low range is quick and easy and the 3 electronic diff locks make for awesome mechanical grip.

However, you could have like 4 D22's for the same price as 1 G-Wagen!

Looks like a precursor to a military spec vehicle - check the high diffs. Independent suspension, no solid axles, likely to have gearboxes on each wheel. Probably sell quite a few of them to the rednecks in the USA that already have a Hummer with deer antlers (real) bolted to the bonnet.

In Australia, it's a tosser's machine. Nathan Tinkler might like one but his money tinkled away, so that leaves Gina Rineheart (probably has a big enough schlong to justify NOT having one), Clive Palmer (who married Mrs Palmer and God help us if he really has 5 daughters) and Andrew Fortescue who will take two, thanks and ... do they fit in a McDonalds drive-thru?

And where's the challenge in getting one of THOSE through some of our terrain? Shit, if we wanted it easy we'd just buy D9s.

Might be popular for some, lol. 400kw, 37's, 5 diff locks, and the best bit is it actually seats 4! Lol, I guess some car companies still have too much money to throw around...

I've been lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time in the brand new G-Wagen.

They are such a bullet proof beast.

Unbelievable amounts of articulation for a standard vehicle, the 3.0L turbo diesel has so much grunt! Plus a proper 7 speed auto means its always got the right gear. Low range is quick and easy and the 3 electronic diff locks make for awesome mechanical grip.

However, you could have like 4 D22's for the same price as 1 G-Wagen!

LOL
"Mercedes-Benz has launched a rescue mission to one of the most remote sites in Australia after six of its military-style wagons broke down."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/moto...benzs-toughest-offroaders-20110805-1ie5s.html

I read about this before the journey began. The vehicles are all factory standard in their spec. Take ANY prod 4wd on that route and you will have more than just shock absorber failures.

IMO, that they have survived with JUST shock absorber failures is a fair achievement.

BTW, the 6x6 g-wagen is derived from the version that the Australian Army required, and had not been built previously. Only once it was released here for Army use, were other versions built. Interestingly, a number of other defence forces around the world have started buying the 6x6 version as well.

Latest posts

Back